Main Menu

Spines

Started by Fleetos, 12 October, 2011, 04:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

I think the spines look great.

One day perhaps someone can explain to me how a 30mm 2000AD spine can be the same as another 6mm 2000AD spine. I just don't get it. Unless all stories are chopped mid way so that all volumes are the same thickness – so that all the spines can match on collector shelves.

Grant Goggans

Titan issued fifteen volumes of James Bond newspaper comics.  Their spines are all perfectly matched.  Except they decided to capitalize each letter in the title of exactly one of them, GOLDFINGER instead of Goldfinger.  Rebellion's never done that to us, although the different designs for Absalom, Mazeworld, etc. really does rankle.

TordelBack

I've only just seen what they've done to Volume 3 the American version of the Dredd Casefiles...  Drokk!  (Photo lifted from Dave Lartigue's entertaining blog www.davexmachina.com).

Mind you, those new Rogue spines look spiffing.

Skullmo

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 13 December, 2012, 12:38:47 PM

One day perhaps someone can explain to me how a 30mm 2000AD spine can be the same as another 6mm 2000AD spine. I just don't get it. Unless all stories are chopped mid way so that all volumes are the same thickness – so that all the spines can match on collector shelves.

QuarkXpress!
It's a joke. I was joking.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Skullmo on 13 December, 2012, 02:45:28 PM
Quote from: SuperSurfer on 13 December, 2012, 12:38:47 PM

QuarkXpress!
Indesign man meself.

Skullmo

Quote from: Big Barry PengeBack on 13 December, 2012, 01:42:00 PM
I've only just seen what they've done to Volume 3 the American version of the Dredd Casefiles...  Drokk!  (Photo lifted from Dave Lartigue's entertaining blog www.davexmachina.com).

Mind you, those new Rogue spines look spiffing.

Princess of Gemworld! That is one that passed me by!

SmallBlueThing

It's as if they've named the two volumes with this thread in mind. "Mon Amour"- I love its font, it matches. "Bete Noir"? IT DOESN'T EVEN MATCH ITSELF!! ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

SBT

Tombo

Deep breaths SBT, deep breaths.  Maybe the fourth book will have a blue spine as well, then it wont look so bad - two red spines then two blue ones, then two of another colour (how many books is Mr Talbot planning on writing anyway?)

SmallBlueThing

To be honest, it's more the "mon amour"/ "bete noir" text- and the differences in the depth of the "glow" around them. "Bete noir" doesnt even match the "Grandvile" on its own spine, let alone the rest of the series. The blue is fine!

SBT

I, Cosh

Heh. I spy some Requiems there. I have the first two Heavy Metal editions, which are both different sizes and collectively different sized to the two Titan editions. Also, the HM collections have three stories apiece while the Titan ones only manage two so I have no gaps in the run despite only having volumes 1,2,4 and 5. It's an archivist's nightmare.
We never really die.

Grant Goggans

Oh, yeah, those two Requiem books from Heavy Metal are just awful.  Who in the world decided to change sizes between volumes?!

Skullmo

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 25 December, 2012, 09:44:35 PM

It's as if they've named the two volumes with this thread in mind. "Mon Amour"- I love its font, it matches. "Bete Noir"? IT DOESN'T EVEN MATCH ITSELF!! ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

SBT

Haha! I hope the 4th book is in Times New Roman!

Large48

Grandville - Noel

Is the next one.
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

vark

Quote from: The Cosh on 26 December, 2012, 03:35:24 PM
Heh. I spy some Requiems there. I have the first two Heavy Metal editions, which are both different sizes and collectively different sized to the two Titan editions. Also, the HM collections have three stories apiece while the Titan ones only manage two so I have no gaps in the run despite only having volumes 1,2,4 and 5. It's an archivist's nightmare.
Because we are in a topic where details count, the UK edition of Requiem is published by Panini, not Titan. ;)

sheldipez

I came across this on Reddit - it made me  :'(