Main Menu

OCTOBER ART COMP - RESULTS THREAD

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 November, 2013, 09:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

THIRD PLACE - JUM'S MANIAC 5

SECOND PLACE - JUDDA FETT'S SHAKARA

FIRST PLACE - W1LL01's ACE TRUCKING COMPANY

A wonderfully vibrant vote from lots of folk but frankly W1LL01 had it from the start - a combination of a perfectly pitched image and 2000ad's most beloved cult characters made Mr Beck a dead cert - ! Remember you can find out more about those behind the pictures and more on our facebook page --> https://www.facebook.com/2000adartcomp

THARG'S CHOICE goes to allistermac's brilliant Joe Pineapples image. Nice design, sir!

and our second DROID'S CHOICE position as picked by legendary art droid STEVE YEOWELL...

QuoteFirstly Gentledroids, congratulations to everyone on the high standard of entries!

After much pencil chewing and Dickensian forehead knuckling I managed to establish a short list, and from those I decided my choice is: Jake Rowlinson's Jonathan Alpha Esq, Gentleman Adventurer - In the end, the clear line technique embellished with a few sepia tones won me over.

In hot pursuit were Picsty's Uncouth Company (a "last stand" painting in the grand Victorian manner) and Jum's Maniac 5 (thoughtful and well balanced colour).
Well done Sirs!

Crikey!!

So there you have it - new theme will be up before the end of the day!!

Jim_Campbell

Fantastic comp; deserving winners from a field of astonishing invention and quality. The fact that neither Tharg's nor the Yeowell droid's choices got a podium place to speaks amazingly high standard of the entries.

Brilliant work, CFM and all who entered.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Pete Wells

Aye, it was brilliant this month! Sorry I forgot to vote, I is a cock  :-[

Skullmo

A frighteningly high standard this month. Congratulation to all the winners and thanks to everyone that entered for brightening up my work afternoons.

Oh, and big congrats to CFM as always for organising it!
It's a joke. I was joking.

amines2058

Awesome entries all around and apologies for not entering or voting (although it would have been to hard to choose). My ongoing saga of me fitting my first kitchen is not over yet meaning I did not get the time to finish my entry. (I did manage a few sketches though and started a picture of 'Slaine MacJekyll and Mr Hyde' which I will try to put up in the doodle /art thread this weekend!)

Anyway once again congrats all amazing work!!

pictsy

Congratulations to all the winners, well deserved :D

allied72

Congratulations to all the winners, well deserved, great entries all round and a big thank you to CFM for organising it all. Looking forward to the next competition.

SuperSurfer

Well done everyone. That was a pretty difficult brief and everyone who entered came up with the goods. My master stroke came to me this morning on the way to work.

The three winners were as I called them.

judda fett

Well done all and many thanks for the votes. Congrats to W1LL01.

Bolt-01

Maan, I started a pic, but it got nowhere near finished and then I missed voting as well?!

Sheesh. Sorry all.

Top pics though, really enjoyed this

SKD

Well done all. Another great comp.

Stew.

Emp

Damn...missed the vote, though to be fair I think i would have had a hard time making a decision.

An excellent turn out as usual!

Kerrin

Awesomeness all round! Exuberant plaudits flung freely in every direction!

Owen. You da man!!

Colin YNWA

Another one who missed the vote, don't know how this slipped away. Great work by all, worthy winners and as ever hats off to the maestro.

maryanddavid

Missed the vote too, but I don't think I would have voted much different to what placed, Excellent entries. Well done to all and to CFM too.