Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2021

Started by Dash Decent, 14 August, 2020, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd: End of Days - Paperback, 96 pages, 16th March 2021

Judge Dredd is the top lawman of Mega-City One but now it seems as though the end has come - he must face off against the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse! Luckily he has an unexpected ally at his side in the form of meta-normal cowboy killer Ichabod Azrael.

Modern master Rob Williams is joined by Henry Flint and Colin MacNeil to continue the multi-part masterpiece which began with Judge Dredd: The Small House and Judge Dredd: Control - the Dredd epic of the year has arrived!

It's good of Rebellion to schedule the 'Dredd epic of the year' in March.  We can save our dough on any Dredd releases coming out in April - December.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

broodblik

If page count is indication of how many episodes then this should be 16 episodes but it will only run for 15 episodes in the prog, so it might be that we will get a double episode down the line
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Leigh S

Iit is terrible how Pat's material increasingly isn't getting collected....Liking the look of Concrete Surfer.

Richard

Quote from: broodblik on 16 August, 2020, 06:47:57 AM
If page count is indication of how many episodes then this should be 16 episodes but it will only run for 15 episodes in the prog, so it might be that we will get a double episode down the line
No, there always needs to be a few pages left over for the title page and creators' bios.

Andy B

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 05 September, 2020, 04:14:34 PM
Spotted on Amazon that Third World War vol. 2 is due for release in January: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Third-World-War-Book-Two/dp/1781089299/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=third+world+war&qid=1599318628&sr=8-4

This is excellent news. But no John Hicklenton? I seem to remember he was quite a big part of the later books. Hopefully 2022!

Still no Savage Book 3, though...

DrJomster

Quote from: Leigh S on 05 September, 2020, 04:31:33 PM
Iit is terrible how Pat's material increasingly isn't getting collected....Liking the look of Concrete Surfer.

Actually I'm eyeing up Concrete Surfer too. That looks like it could be good.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Rately

Quote from: broodblik on 16 August, 2020, 06:47:57 AM

Think Rob mentioned on Twitter that the final episode is double sized.

Colin YNWA

Not much to go on but in the recent Thrillcast Dabnett and Mark Harrison confirmed that Tharg has asked them to start work on more The Out immediately so we'll likely see more of that in 2021 with any luck.

The only downside is this is ahead of Grey Area which means we'll likely not see any more of that in 2021 - depending on how fast the Harrison Droid is.

broodblik

Good the know that The Out will get another season. Will Harrison be doing the art on the next Grey Area ?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Quotemore The Out immediately
Good. Short of a spectacular bout of ball-dropping, this is the best thing that's run in the Prog for a long time—my favourite new strip since Kingdom.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 07 September, 2020, 09:43:51 AM
Good the know that The Out will get another season. Will Harrison be doing the art on the next Grey Area ?

It was suggested that they (Dabnett and mHarrison, they can both have silly abbreivations!) had planned to move back to Grey Area next, but Tharg said - no more 'The Out' please first. So yeah it looks like more planned and mHarrison is the default artist. Lets see how Tharg wishes to develop things.

broodblik

This shows us how popular The Out has become in just one series. You just need to read the comments in the prog section.  I still would like a new series of Grey Area next year it ended in a very intriguing fashion and I would like to know where this goes next.

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 07 September, 2020, 10:04:37 AM
Quotemore The Out immediately
Good. Short of a spectacular bout of ball-dropping, this is the best thing that's run in the Prog for a long time—my favourite new strip since Kingdom.

My favourite new strip since Hope... and possibly the best new addition to 2000AD in the past decade or so.

Not to mention a key reason why I'm still picking up the weekly prog.
What was once unconscionable has very much become a reality, and I genuinely had my finger hovering over the cancel standing order button a couple of times in the past few months.

The worst multi-part Dredd story since maybe Crusade and a few other recent lemons has me down to reading 6 - 12 pages a week max at times.
I have also found much of the 'Regened' stuff abysmal, and genuinely cannot comprehend the gushing reviews from some of you in the Prog review threads.
Obviously, just my own personal opinion.

Maybe it's me and my changing tastes, but all I can say is this; I still really enjoy well written comics, and The Out is the current Prog MVP by a galactic mile.

Richard

I'd rather read more Out than Grey Area, so I'm happy with that decision.