Main Menu

2018: forthcoming thrills..

Started by janus stark, 05 January, 2018, 12:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: broodblik on 01 August, 2018, 04:48:13 PM
I am just glad his back on something. I believe if he used the same style as he did on Defoe he would have been a great option on "Fiends Of The Eastern Front".

He did use more or less that style on "Fiends of the Eastern Front"...!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

gameluvah

Quote from: Frank on 01 August, 2018, 01:27:36 PM

San Diego ComicCon 2000ad Panel 2018

Wagner returns to Dredd in Megazine 400*

Prog 2100 sees Rob Williams & Henry Flint catch up on Judge Smiley in The Small House

Colin MacNeil replaces Paul Marshall as artist on Skip Tracer: Legion**

Ian Edginton's doing the Fiends Of The Eastern Front prequel. Explains the 19th-century setting.

* The Trouble With Harry, described as 'royal shenanigans'

** As he did on The Corps

That all sounds really good. Is Wagner back for just the one issue? While I wasn't crazy about Skip Tracer, Colin MacNeil only makes anything better.

broodblik

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 01 August, 2018, 07:02:48 PM
I am just glad his back on something. I believe if he used the same style as he did on Defoe he would have been a great option on "Fiends Of The Eastern Front".

Yes I can remember it was published in Judge Dredd Megazine #245-252.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

davidbishop

Quote from: broodblik on 01 August, 2018, 07:27:11 PM

Surprisingly almost competent script by David Bishop, too.

broodblik

Quote from: davidbishop on 03 August, 2018, 08:13:38 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 01 August, 2018, 07:27:11 PM

Surprisingly almost competent script by David Bishop, too.

It was a great script. I really enjoyed it.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

TordelBack

It was a good story, but the Meg's schedule utterly killed it for me.  Just seemed to go on and on and on, much like some of (also Colin's!) Devlin Waugh of a similar era.  Reading both again in one go, it was crazy how much better they read.

sheridan

Misty Volume Three - apparently has a story about a wolf-girl, according to Newsarama.  Doesn't say what the story is actually called, and doesn't have any details about the other story to be reprinted (I'm assuming that Misty Volume 3 is going to follow the format of the first two, and have two stories).

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 12 August, 2018, 11:00:04 PM
Misty Volume Three - apparently has a story about a wolf-girl, according to Newsarama.  Doesn't say what the story is actually called, and doesn't have any details about the other story to be reprinted (I'm assuming that Misty Volume 3 is going to follow the format of the first two, and have two stories).

Oh, also didn't have a publication date on that article.

broodblik

Quote from: sheridan on 12 August, 2018, 11:00:04 PM

Little more details on the 200AD shop: https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/RCA-G0006

broodblik

I see that in Prog 2100 Rob Williams and Henry Flint is doing a 10 part Dredd story together called "The Small House".

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 20 August, 2018, 05:40:00 PM
I see that in Prog 2100 Rob Williams and Henry Flint is doing a 10 part Dredd story together called "The Small House".

Saw that on Facebook - very exciting!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 August, 2018, 09:57:17 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 20 August, 2018, 05:40:00 PM
Saw that on Facebook - very exciting!
Somehow I read this comment as "10 page story" the first time. Bounced out of bed, excited to share what I just read on Rob's Tweet and this is the thanks I get!

I was starting to worry that we hadn't seen Flint in the Prog or Meg for a while. This will scratch that itch for sure.
We never really die.

wedgeski

Do we know when book 3 of Brink will be arriving?

I, Cosh

Quote from: wedgeski on 21 August, 2018, 09:13:32 AM
Do we know when book 3 of Brink will be arriving?
Starts in Prog 2100.
We never really die.

wedgeski