Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 12 July, 2010, 10:08:05 AM
Quote from: Large48 on 06 July, 2010, 12:11:37 PM
Mine says number 273 on the box, hardly limited edition then....

Managed to check the box before the wife wraps it and it says number 192  :-\

Where did you find a number on the box?  I've looked on the outer box (just has the catalogue number, I think: 45) and the inner box, but there's no sign of anything...

Anyway, just picked up Tharg from the post office, and he's every bit as good as I hoped, and suggests great things are in store for Mongrol and the rest of the crew waiting in the wings.

COMMANDO FORCES

I see the latest one went for £68.77 on ebay, I bet that seller was pissed off  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

judge macbrayne

are the ones on ebay from Taiwan china.the real thing or copies :-*

ming

Quote from: judge macbrayne on 16 July, 2010, 05:29:56 PM
are the ones on ebay from Taiwan china.the real thing or copies :-*

They should be the real deal, I think.  3A stuff is in great demand, but would be pretty pointless trying to do a knock-off; too complex and too much work involved.  If you want me to take a look at anything specific, feel free to p.m. me a link.

Meanwhile, I might be picking up a second Tharg (at retail price) and was thinking about gifting it to a 2000AD creator... I dunno.  For some reason I thought it might be a nice gesture to stick it in the post to Mills, Wagner or O'Neill - just to say thanks for all the Thrills, and for bringing Tharg into the world.

Banners

Quote from: ming
Meanwhile, I might be picking up a second Tharg (at retail price) and was thinking about gifting it to a 2000AD creator... I dunno.  For some reason I thought it might be a nice gesture to stick it in the post to Mills, Wagner or O'Neill - just to say thanks for all the Thrills, and for bringing Tharg into the world.

Great idea - send it to me and I'll pass it on ;-)

M@

Colin YNWA

Quote from: ming on 21 July, 2010, 11:29:50 AM

Bloody hell that would be a very generous thing to do. Pat Mills is the original Tharg so he'd be a very cool choice to boot.

Steve Green

For a moment, I thought they were going to do a Pat Mills replacement head for Tharg ;)

Mikey

Nice thought Ming. I'll chip in if you're doing that! Mills would get my vote as the original Green Bonce.

In other news, the Tharg box has a spelling mistake; it says Quaequam Blagi!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

James Stacey

Hasn't Mr Mills been waging a one man war to get rid of Tharg for years now :) excellent idea though.

willthemightyW

I'll chip in if I can Ming, unless this is something you had planned to do on your own. Great idea by the way!
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

SmallBlueThing

Why dont you break up the model, and send the individual pieces to deserving 2000AD types?
Although, on second thoughts, an ex-editor receiving a severed tharg head in the post, may consider it somewhat creepy.
;-)
SBT

willthemightyW

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 21 July, 2010, 01:41:39 PM
Why dont you break up the model, and send the individual pieces to deserving 2000AD types?
Although, on second thoughts, an ex-editor receiving a severed tharg head in the post, may consider it somewhat creepy.
;-)
SBT
ha. Maybe a hand or a severed toe wrapped in newspaper would be better... wait...
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

ming

Quote from: Mikey on 21 July, 2010, 12:23:45 PM
Nice thought Ming. I'll chip in if you're doing that! Mills would get my vote as the original Green Bonce.

In other news, the Tharg box has a spelling mistake; it says Quaequam Blagi!

M.

Not only does it say QUAEQUAM BLAGI (instead of blag!) it also has FROGNUM GRUELISI (instead of gruelis!).  Honestly, how hard can it be to get people who speak Betelgeusian these days?

As for the extra Tharg...  Pat would be my first choice as well.  (although as Kev O'Neill wrote and drew Tharg's first story in 2000AD (Prog 24), he comes a close second.)

Anyway, ideally I could get this sent directly to Pat, so if anyone has any ideas about getting contact info please let me know.

I'll pay the full whack, then anyone who does want to chip in can - no arm twisting though, I'd be doing this anyway.  I'll post again when the details become a bit clearer.

ming

And here's a couple of shots of Green Bonce lounging around at home.

willthemightyW

Quote from: ming on 21 July, 2010, 01:56:16 PM
Quote from: Mikey on 21 July, 2010, 12:23:45 PM

Not only does it say QUAEQUAM BLAGI (instead of blag!) it also has FROGNUM GRUELISI (instead of gruelis!).

Anyway, ideally I could get this sent directly to Pat, so if anyone has any ideas about getting contact info please let me know.

I'll pay the full whack, then anyone who does want to chip in can - no arm twisting though, I'd be doing this anyway.  I'll post again when the details become a bit clearer.

Well, I live relatively near Pat so we might be able to arrange something.