Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

I thought Pat Mills to start with, but as James Stacey said:

Quote from: James Stacey on 21 July, 2010, 12:44:29 PM
Hasn't Mr Mills been waging a one man war to get rid of Tharg for years now :)

I read in an interview a while back that he came to think Tharg was a bad idea. Of course he might take it in good humour for that very reason... or he might think you're taking the mick. (Actually I find that quite amusing in itself, but at £45-£50 it a pricey gag.)

In short, would you really want to fork out and take the chance? My advice is, send it to someone who you're sure will appreciate it. On the other hand, ignore me if there's anyone here who actually knows Pat Mills and are sure he'll react in good humour.

ming

Well I 'll see if I can get some idea of how Pat would respond to being sent Tharg before I take this any further.  If it's likely to fall flat, I'll find another home. (Kev O'Neill probably gets first refusal!)

COMMANDO FORCES

Having seen the thread about giving a Tharg to Pat Mills and reading Mikey's question. I too am intrigued as to how a sold out (in 48 minutes, unknown amount) limited edition of this, could suddenly be available.
Just curious!

ming

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 July, 2010, 05:05:31 PM
Having seen the thread about giving a Tharg to Pat Mills and reading Mikey's question. I too am intrigued as to how a sold out (in 48 minutes, unknown amount) limited edition of this, could suddenly be available.
Just curious!

Be curious no longer!  I picked up a second Tharg from the 3A BST (buy, sell, trade) board.  Another 3A boardie needed to raise some funds for other stuff so reluctantly let his Tharg go my way.  A completely different kettle of fish to the 'businesses' on eBay that buy 3A stuff just to flip and generate a profit.

COMMANDO FORCES

I see, the daft twat. He could have sold his wife and kids, some people have their priorities all wrong  ::)

ming

Might be of interest to some people...

Posted by Ash earlier today:

thats a nice way to start the day !

Mongrol shots very soon, he is the shit...

As soon as any pics or other news turns up, I'll post it here.

:D

Buddy

James Stacey

Will it be a limited edition on sale for ten minutes to Asian resellers like the last ;)

ming

Quote from: James Stacey on 10 August, 2010, 10:14:39 AM
Will it be a limited edition on sale for ten minutes to Asian resellers like the last ;)

Absolutely.

Really, who knows?  I'd expect Mongrol to be on sale for a while just to make sure they sell enough to cover the costs of what has probably been an expensive figure to develop and produce.  But then what the hell do I know?

Things should be different from the Tharg drop, but as usual the best bet would be to keep an eye on the news at 3A (or here, as I'll post any info I get) and when the release is announced, show up at Bambaland ON TIME, even if it's three in the morning.

Meanwhile, here's the non-2000AD bot that's going on sale this week:

14 inches tall, rocket launcher 21.5 inches long, $280 shipped worldwide.

Mikey

As per, Ming's the man on the ball. I suspect those Heavy Brambles are about the right dimensions for Mongrol, so he'll be an impressive beastie. And from what I've gathered (and as Ming said), I think there'll be a bigger window to buy - remember the initial Tharg was intended as a surprise limited time release - but releases are usually not more than a day.

If I don't get a Mongrol, I'll cry, CRY I tell you!

Quote from: Buddy (previusly Uncle Umpty) on 10 August, 2010, 10:13:13 AM
When we gettin a Dredd?

No word on Ol' Stony Face as yet, they keep pretty schtum until they've something definite to show, especially with the 2000ad licence as they're only allowed to show finished product or full protos, and no blurry 'in process' ones. IIRC the running order was Tharg (old logo), Tharg (new logo), Mongrol, Rogue, Male & Female street Judges (I presume Dredd & Anderson?), so sometime next year is my bet for him. I'm also not sure the regular Tharg will be released before Mongrol and beyond that who knows. It's enough I tell ye!

Beyond Tharg, I've picked up a couple of the cheaper, smaller bots (and close to another 12" dude - Jung de Plume if you're interested) and they are fantastic. The detail on them is exactly as in full size versions, including moveable fingers and the paint jobs are brilliant.

Anyway - Mongrol give you smush!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

ming

Quote from: Buddy (previusly Uncle Umpty) on 10 August, 2010, 10:13:13 AM
When we gettin a Dredd?

Like Mikey said, Dredd's somewhere down the line...  As for what we know of the order of upcoming releases, in the middle of May, Ash said:

"rogue is after mongrol, then female and male judges, then mean, then alpha, more abc, then !"

However, stuff changes around all the time...

Me, I want a battered Apocalypse War Dredd with Stub Gun plus a sentinoid and a Sov.  Please.

LARF

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 10 July, 2010, 09:32:09 PM

Just love the size of Tharg in this shot. Makes me so much more jealous!

Your Tharg's stood on my poster design! You've just made my fucking day, I love you Dave.

Fatboydale

Quote from: James Stacey on 10 August, 2010, 10:14:39 AM

Hmmm Asian resellers , don't you mean Original retail outlet .... i would not give the steam off my piss to that company ....

Great figure , shit company and shit website ....ask too many valid questions and you will be banned .... guess how i know ... >:( ..mind i did tell someone to fu@k off , me and my potty mouth

dweezil2

Mongrol is gonna be da shit!

Can't wait! :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo