Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

You know I might even stretch to a Nemesis if one's produced at a reasonable(ish) price.

JamesC

If they're around the £40 mark I'll definitely get an Alpha and a Nemesis.
I'm likely to be a little more picky about the Dredd and Rogue sculpts, but if I like them I'll definitely consider a purchase.

ming

Now we've had some further encouraging words from Ash I'll start pushing for seeing some shots of stuff in development; I think that'd be a big help in building support for these once they start appearing.  Assuming some figures are at a sufficiently advanced stage and have been approved by Rebellion, hopefully we'll get to see something (though I'm obviously not holding my breath).

Seeing multiple characters go on sale at the same time (singles or packs), and presumably hanging around the Bambaland store for a good while, akin to previous 3A 'resident sales' would be a HUGE improvement on the situation with 1/6.  The bigger figures are fantastic but the problems with selling those (high development costs, low sales) are obvious, even if a different approach (*cough* advertising, Dredd, etc. *cough*) may well have had some positive impact in that area.

Price-wise, these should (should) be relatively affordable (at least relative to 1/6).  1/12 Mongrol was USD 55 plus postage (I think) but bear in mind that's a fairly big 'bot compared to your average human, so fairly simple human-sized figures should clock in under that.  As a guide, the previously released 1/12 Zombs (in carded plastic blisters) were $28 each plus shipping and there was a four-pack of jumpsuited figures for $65.  Prices may be a bit higher than that for some 2000AD stuff given the complexity involved, but 3A do try and keep costs down where they can, so hopefully these will be priced with a view to selling as high a volume as possible.  It would be GREAT to see Dredd or Rogue among the first figures, purely as a way to generate some buzz and get some decent sales figures (and getting people hooked early on).

Anyway, the bottom line is that 3A x 2000AD lives on!

:)

DKCX

Trout

I just want to express some support here.

I don't collect action figures but, having been given a Mongrol by the amazing Mikey, I have a new appreciation for 3A. I love the idea of these, especially a Sov Judge. Well done to 3A for taking the risk. I will try very hard to support this new line!

James Stacey

If, as it sounds like, 3A are getting their act together and listening to feedback I'm happily onboard. A Nemesis fig would be instabuy

Devons Daddy

I pledge my groats!!
They deserve my support
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Mikey

Quote from: Ken Trousers on 21 January, 2014, 01:20:49 AM
having been given a Mongrol by the amazing Mikey,

First off that's not a euphemism in case anyone was wondering and secondly, and most importantly, that was a collective effort. I just posted it!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Trout

Quote from: Mikey on 21 January, 2014, 03:30:08 PM
Quote from: Ken Trousers on 21 January, 2014, 01:20:49 AM
having been given a Mongrol by the amazing Mikey,

First off that's not a euphemism in case anyone was wondering and secondly, and most importantly, that was a collective effort. I just posted it!

M.

Yes, you all rock. Thanks!  :D

BPP

Their Iron Man is stunning... Ack, what might have been....
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

BPP

Of interest for the future of the 2000ad line... From this weeks 'ask Ashley Woods'

Q: With the recent news that Nintendo will be expanding their character licensing have you thought any about going for the license? I don't think I'm alone in saying that I would love to see your interpretation of characters like Link and especially Samus Aran (in both Armored and Zero suit of course) I think your art style would suit them perfectly. 
A: Well going forward the only licensed stuff 3A wants to do is when we can redesign on top of the original idea ( sure I love some stuff as is, but I will always stand up and have a whirl at classic stuff too! ) But I have to be honest, no Nintendo stuff at the mo. I want a Princess Daisy figure, always cooler than Peach!

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

menno

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 08 January, 2014, 10:13:22 PM
So... anyone want to buy a 1/6th Mongrol?  :o

Yeah, I'm looking for one to keep ro-jaws company. I like the 1/6th size.

Dandontdare

If they ever get around to doing a 1/12 Ro-Jaws, I'll be selling my 1/6 version and aiming to get the full set of smaller ones.

Teivion

ming

Well, it says (to me, at least) that 3A stand to make far more money from stuff like Marvel and their own properties compared to the 2000AD stuff, which I guess will make them diddly squat (whenever it appears).