Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

Going on sale is all well and good but Grud only knows when delivery will be.  :o ;)
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

ming

Yeah, but knowing the delays between sales and shipping with 3A nobody seriously expects rapid service...  All in all I tend to completely forget about stuff so when it does actually appear it comes as a nice surprise.

Anyway, Judge Death finally ships in mid-October, from what we've been told.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: ming on 08 October, 2015, 08:31:42 AM
Yeah, but knowing the delays between sales and shipping with 3A nobody seriously expects rapid service...  All in all I tend to completely forget about stuff so when it does actually appear it comes as a nice surprise.

Just had an e-mail from 3A's 2000 AD project manager confirming that Death will be shipping this month.

ming

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 08 October, 2015, 08:46:46 AM
Quote from: ming on 08 October, 2015, 08:31:42 AM

Just had an e-mail from 3A's 2000 AD project manager confirming that Death will be shipping this month.

Great stuff, cheers K33F.  Having Death, Sam Slade, Der Gronk and Judge Fish all on pre-order is great but having something new in hand will be fantastic.

Albion

Great to know Death will be on it's way soon. Really looking forward to that one.  :D

When I mention the shipping my tongue is firmly in my cheek. We all know what it's like with 3A and I too forget about some of it and the wait bizarrely becomes quite fun.

Out of interest, do all their products take as long or is it just the 2000AD range?

ming

Quote from: Albion on 08 October, 2015, 09:25:31 AMOut of interest, do all their products take as long or is it just the 2000AD range?

Most 3A stuff is glacially slow but 2000AD seems even slower.  I think production times in general (as in the period inbetween sale and shipping) have lengthened considerably as the company has grown over the last few years.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: ming on 08 October, 2015, 09:34:18 AM
Quote from: Albion on 08 October, 2015, 09:25:31 AMOut of interest, do all their products take as long or is it just the 2000AD range?

Most 3A stuff is glacially slow but 2000AD seems even slower.  I think production times in general (as in the period inbetween sale and shipping) have lengthened considerably as the company has grown over the last few years.

I know that Ashley and a number of the 3A guys have a real passion for 2000 AD. The product may come out slowly, but its mainly because they are perfectionists and want to get the best possible representations of our characters out there. Worth the wait IMO...especially when you see what they have coming up in the future.

ming

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 08 October, 2015, 11:45:15 AMWorth the wait IMO...especially when you see what they have coming up in the future.

Yup.  Definitely worth the wait.  As for what's coming up in future.... any hints?

G'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan...

;)

Albion

Definitely worth the wait. I'll keep buying them if I can.
3A make the best of the recent merchandise in my opinion.

ming

It's also worth pointing out (probably for the umpteenth time) that the 3A x 2000AD line is a labour of love, not an attempt to make a fast buck.  Speedy?  No.  Quality and lovingly nerdy attention to detail?  Yes.  It's as close as we're likely to get to fans making toys for fans and I doubt we'll ever see better.

Dreddzilla

Guys, the first MEZCO Judge Dredd review has hit youtube and it really looks like 3A has some stiff competition, I mean this figure looks stunning.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RovPrrEpk28

Atreides

Quote from: Mr 9.8 on 10 October, 2015, 02:48:12 AM
Guys, the first MEZCO Judge Dredd review has hit youtube and it really looks like 3A has some stiff competition, I mean this figure looks stunning.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RovPrrEpk28

Oh man! I am so happy I got this one! Cant wait to get it!
I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Albion

I wasn't too keen on the Mezco Dredd, mainly because of the huge Eagle, but.......
The video has changed my mind! I love the poseabilty of it, the accessories and the magnetic shoulder pads and badge are genius.

Thanks for posting the video Mr. 9.8. I might have to get one now!

Leigh S

That does look a lot better, but the Eagle really looks out of place in comparison to the rest of the figure. 

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Leigh S on 10 October, 2015, 09:52:44 AM
That does look a lot better, but the Eagle really looks out of place in comparison to the rest of the figure.
Then complain to 2000 AD since they approved it.