Main Menu

2000AD Apr/May Art Comp. PRE-PROG PRIMER.

Started by Kerrin, 06 April, 2011, 11:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

Greetings Squaxx. Welcome to the latest incarnation of the Galaxy's Greatest Internet Forum Based Art Competition. It's time to buckle on those brain boosters and initialise your creative subroutines. Crack open a new pack of Crayola and get an adult to tie up the back of your art apron. We're going back, way back, to childhood and the realms of the imagination.

The last comp saw the debut of a fresh faced neophyte of the forum, Mr. David Frankum, who swept all before him in what was a seriously high quality field. As behooves his status of reigning champeen, he gets to choose the subject this time round. We all remember the books of our childhoods, and it's a good thing too. Because David has gone with this...

QuoteA Children's book adaptation of 2000 ad.
Choose a well known children's book and adapt it to a 2000ad story or character. You could draw the artwork in the style of a certain children's book or pick a scene in a children's book and change it to suit the 2000 ad universe. Anything goes... the sky's the limit.

I think that is fairly clear. So, you want "The Very Hungry Klegg", you go for it! "Noddy and Big Ears: SD Agents", that is also fine. Cast your minds back or rifle through your kids bookshelves, there's a huge range of inspiration in children's fiction.

The comp will run till 8pm Monday the 23rd of May.

Don't eat the crayons.

The Enigmatic Dr X

And the comp reminds me of thishttp://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,29219.msg535904.html#msg535904, where a lot of people much better than me did a lot of really good piccies.
Lock up your spoons!

Kerrin

I did think of that Doc,  and Mike Carrol's excellent Mr.Dredd. Just a reminder that this is a new comp, so new entries please.

I've got one half decent idea so far. Can't wait to see what people come up with.

Albion

I have an idea for this so I'm afraid my crap efforts will probably be returning to the comp.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Albion on 07 April, 2011, 09:46:54 PM
I have an idea for this so I'm afraid my crap efforts will probably be returning to the comp.
Me too, but the sun is too tempting today to sit indoors and draw.....to the beach!  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Bhuna

I've been racking my brain about this one as the scope is enormous. But I think I've just has a 'Eureka' moment! Fingers crossed!!
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Noisybast

I have an idea. Just need to find the time...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

W. R. Logan

Even I have an idea for this one.
Now to turn the idea into reality 8-?

Steven Denton

This should be interesting; I had better get my thinking cap on and try raising my game.

Zarjazzer

System suggested I add the mighty mutie fish which I did by ,ahem, drawing around a CD disc.It was originally just going to be a submarine and titles.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

IAMTHESYSTEM

New Pen for me Wacom! So without further ado here's my entry for the comp.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

David Frankum

Hi,

Glad to see that you're all excited about the new competition. I was a bit worried at first about my idea but I'm delighted by the response. Looking forward to seeing your take on a 2000ad/ Children's book cross over.

Zarjazzer: That's awesome. One of my all time favourite books. Love it.
I am the system: Cracking piece of drawing. A lovely play on words. "My Grandma, what a big hole in the head you have" :)

Well done.

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's.

All the best.

Darren Stephens

Those are both fantastic. Zarjazzer, I would actually read that if Tharg was to commision it!  :P
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Zarjazzer

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 09 April, 2011, 02:14:41 PM
Those are both fantastic. Zarjazzer, I would actually read that if Tharg was to commision it!  :P

My CD disc is at the ready!  :D Cheers! i was originally going to try a version of Moby Dick but it would have been way beyond my very meagre talent. Wouldn't  be a bad tale maybe with sunken treasures,insane crew, cthulhu style beasties and irradiated undead zombie pirates.(So we can poke fun at Pirates of the Caribbean :))

David Frankum glad you like it and I hope you'll be entering this comp too.I think it's a cool idea with lots of scope for anyone,(even me) to have a go.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.