Main Menu

2000AD Fanzines

Started by Bad City Blue, 03 July, 2019, 12:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

I'm writing an article on 2000AD fanzines, naturally concentrating on Zarjaz, Dogbreath and Sector 13 but am wondering if there is any online resource for older ones, as I never read them in the past.

Or if anyone here was involved in a now defunct fanzine and would be up for a short email interview that would be wonderful.

Or... anything people think might be relevant and interesting

BCB
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Bad City Blue

Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

strontium71

Was that by Paul Dick??? I remember chatting to him and I'm sure he was involved in FtB!
He asked me to make him a 'Ezquerra' judge badge t-shirt back in the 90s , and he said he would personally give it to Carlos. I don't think I believed him but made it at work anyway.
Blow me , if Carlos appeared on C4s Big Breakfast around the time of the 95 Dredd film only bloody wearing that same shirt 😆😆
...because I hate you.

MacabreMagpie

I forget what it was called but I remember someone giving out free copies of a 2000AD fanzine they'd made at Lawgiver last year, did you get one of those?

strontium71

As for fanzines , ironically going up for sale soon:
MegaCity 2
Takes from the Emerald Isle
Zarjaz ( not the Bolt one )
Nu Earth

I'm sure there's more but those I have pics on my phone ready.
...because I hate you.

james newell

of course,  "hibernia book" Tales from the Emerald Isle how could I forget, my work was in it.

https://irishcomics.fandom.com/wiki/Tales_from_the_Emerald_Isle

hibernia book https://www.facebook.com/HiberniaComics/

james newell

Quote from: strontium71 on 03 July, 2019, 01:14:27 PM
Was that by Paul Dick???

yes Paul Dick was editor, bursting with Ideas as I remember.

strontium71

Quote from: strontium71 on 03 July, 2019, 01:23:46 PM
As for fanzines , ironically going up for sale soon:
MegaCity 2
Takes from the Emerald Isle
Zarjaz ( not the Bolt one )
Nu Earth

I'm sure there's more but those I have pics on my phone ready.

Tales not takes , you over eager fool
...because I hate you.

Frank

Carlos appeared on C4s Big Breakfast around the time of the 95 Dredd film

Why put what in the who, now? How can that not be on Youtube? There are episodes of The Weather on Youtube.

There's someone out there in fandom who dropped their cornflakes and rushed over to the video and recorded that, and they've still got it sitting in their loft to this day.

If you are that person, I'll pay the postage and packing and fork out for the kit necessary to get that off VHS and onto Youtube. Carlos trying, and most likely failing, not to get a swatch of Denise Van Outen must be seen

strontium71

Trying for the life of me to remember who was doing the interview 😩
It was quite a shock to see though , knowing Paul had been right all along. Still didn't send me back my Halcyon Dredd which he was going to customise though. Ah well , it's been over 25 years now 😆😆😆
...because I hate you.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Frank on 03 July, 2019, 02:19:51 PM
Carlos appeared on C4s Big Breakfast around the time of the 95 Dredd film

Why put what in the who, now? How can that not be on Youtube? There are episodes of The Weather on Youtube.

There's someone out there in fandom who dropped their cornflakes and rushed over to the video and recorded that, and they've still got it sitting in their loft to this day.

If you are that person, I'll pay the postage and packing and fork out for the kit necessary to get that off VHS and onto Youtube. Carlos trying, and most likely failing, not to get a swatch of Denise Van Outen must be seen

Wish I'd read further down before wasting 20 mins fruitlessly searching for this!  :lol:
Hope it does turn up someday

maryanddavid

Tales from the Emerald Isle, 2010?!  Wow, didnt think it was that long back.
BTW James was there just one Nu Earth fanzine?

Leigh S

Don't forget the original fanzine, the one and only (and there was only one!) Bloodblade!