Main Menu

signed books on the BBC

Started by sheridan, 10 July, 2018, 01:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Interesting article, with a good few paragraphs about Bryan and Mary Talbot towards the end.
BBC

IAMTHESYSTEM

Bryan Talbot providing a sketch when he signs makes his books something to treasure.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Trooper McFad

I read the story as well and the first part was about a guy selling signed Harry Potter books for a few thousand quid (and good luck to him for that) when I get anything singed it's for my personal satisfaction and proof that I met them to say thanks to the author /artist for the joy that they have brought me over the years. What my kids do with my stuff (my prized possessions 😄) is up to them. I have no intention of selling or making profit out of signed items. It shouldn't make an item more valuable a book is still a book and the story is still the same story but in this world money king.
As I said for me it's the moment meeting your Heroes to say thanks👍🏻 that's more important- the signature is just to remind me in later years that I did 🤔
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

sheridan

It makes me want to get the Grandville book I'm missing and get the whole set signed (and pictured - only one is at the moment).