Main Menu

'crap' movies and TV series you love

Started by Conexus, 21 January, 2006, 04:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conexus

Based on the thread on the Dune movie, where there where people actually saying they liked it- what movies and/or TV series  do you love that conventional 'wisdom' say are male bovine excrement?  

me i like friends, and even Will and Grace sometimes, though with latter there are limits.

Rob Spalding

Joey - it gets funnier as it goes on.  Honest.
The Rock - Sean Connery and Nic Cage with Michael Bay?  Unmissable.
Scorpion King - The Rock, unmissable.

Far too many to name really.

Conexus

oh and one of Hulk Hogan's films, Suburban Commando; where he plays an alien warrior type person, living with a family.

hag

The Wolves Of Willoughby Chase ... amazing when your a kid, painful now, but i still love it.

i have a soft spot for the american version of the office. i got very home sick one night in canada and this was the closest thing i could find to uk tv on the LAN.

i agree with Joey too, remarkable funny and touching at times. same with Two and a Half Men, can be quite good at times. i#ll watch it if no one is arround to mock me.

Devons Daddy

sadly i must admit to likeing a (with closed curtains and doors of course)screening of the Jazz singer with neil diamond.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

spacemanspliff

I've Got To Say That i Loved KRULL.... Yes I'm Probably Going To Have The Piss Taken Over It,But I Don't Care

Luke-warm Lava Rock's!!!!!

"...my android replica is playing up again,it's no joke when she moans she call's another's name,but that's the spirit of the age..."

Bad Andy

Jazz singer with neil diamond

My girlfriend's favourite ever movie.

I have loads. Suppose the most embarassing is George of the Jungle. It's brilliant.

There's an old National Lampoon film called Class Reunion that also falls in this category.

Banners

Krull? Is that the one with...

- Cinammon? Hmmm... Cinammon Bar!

...??? Bloody hilarious whatever film it was from - (in a totally unfunny way of course)

M@

greylurker01

I really like Undead,Braindead,all the japanese monster movies - godzilla,rodan etc,Streets of Fire,Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires,The Rocketeer,The Phantom,The Shadow & Eight-legged Freaks.
For tv series you can't beat 70's cheese = Tomorrow People,Dr Who & The Water Margin.
The all-time crappest movie I like is Plan 9 From Outer Space - it really is terrible but strangely compelling.

DavidXBrunt

I don't think it's fair to put Who from the 70's in. I like the 80's Doctors but the 70's was of a higher standard.

I was watching bits of Mallrats the other day and really enjoyed it. I love that film. I'm also inordinatley fond of Mystery Men. That's the film. I don't have a yen for men with no name.

Max Kon

my taste in films makes people think i'm gay...

but girls love it, so :)

Dark Jimbo

I can out-bad-taste the lotta ya - Eastenders, Allo Allo, the Carry On films - all undeniably crap, and also utterly, insanely brilliant.
@jamesfeistdraws

Art

i have a soft spot for the american version of the office. i got very home sick one night in canada and this was the closest thing i could find to uk tv on the LAN.

Theres nothing crap about it. It's kind of pointless watching the episodes that use the same scripts as UK ones, as they're never going to compare favorably, but once you get to the original material it really comes into it's own.

Mr C

It's better than the Lord of the Rings, I tell ya!http://www.badmovies.org/movies/hawkslayer/hawkslayer1.jpg">

hag

strangely in canada the two english tv shows they all remember are allo allo and keeping up appearances.

lame, even i'm not that cool.

i am a soap watching student, therefore i win in the bad tv stakes cos i actually get to watch the shit thats on in the day.