Main Menu

doesn't update anymore

Started by Funt Solo, 25 November, 2005, 06:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

What the title says:  new messages aren't displayed "on top" anymore - you have to go into each section to see what's new.

This happens from time to time, so I assume there's a fix?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Amstor Computer

It happens to me if I'm logged out, and I simply have to log back in to sort it.

Perhaps try clearing your browser history/cookies (if you don't mind doing that) and logging back in?

House of Usher

to solve it you go into the database chatroom and type slash (/)bbsorder3
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

oh yeah, and what amstor computer said too. I get that happening, and I just keep having to log back in again, and it reorders the message order to my custom preferences.
STRIKE !!!

Wake

If you click on the Select Messages button if gives you the view you want even if you aren't signed in.

The category view should, in theory, be easier for newcomers.

Cheers,

Wake

Funt Solo

I didn't explain myself very well:  the category view is what I use, and is still there.

I've cleared out my cookies, logged out, closed the browser, opened up again and logged back in - but there is still no update.

For example, in category view it says the most recently updated post under "Website" was "Thread Jacking", post by Art on 22 Nov 05.

However, when you click on "Website" you get to see that the most recent post was in fact "doesn't update anymore", probably by me on 25 Nov 05.

In other words, it looks like nobody's posted anything on most of the categories since tuesday.

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Wake

Got it!

Did I delete a thread or message or something last week? Anyway, it looks like a hole was created in the database and so new entries were being added in the middle.

In order to make the category view more efficient it looks at the end of the database without reordering by date.

I've closed the hole in the database and reordered the current entries by date so the category view should be back to normal now.

Cheers,

Wake

Funt Solo

Cheers, Wake:  all back to normal again.

:)  [I fear change]
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Queen Firey-Bou

i fear holes in the database which make things appear not as they are & jumble up time.

upon such fragile strings of non-comprehensible numbers do we base our daily lives my friends, let us unite in fear & destroy the machines !

( in a mo, once ive backed up )