Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Lovely stuff Mitahane. Smacks very loudly of Willsher which is a good thing.

Mitahane

Thanks CrazyFoxMachine, I hope to become as good as this guy one day but I guess I still have a lot of hard work.  Talking about it, I should kick myself back to work ;°].

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: Cpt Rhodes on 24 September, 2010, 01:09:12 PM

I'm currently working on this strip for Wasted.
It's been a lot of fun so far.

Thats pretty special I gotta say! Bring back the Warlord and Battle Action!
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I've been trying to upload this for ages, but the blacks don't scan properly, can anyone offer any advice?
You may quote me on that.

Cpt Rhodes

Quote from: pops1983 on 28 September, 2010, 01:40:02 AM
I've been trying to upload this for ages, but the blacks don't scan properly, can anyone offer any advice?

Pops, If you have Photoshop, to improve the blacks you could try this: Duplicate your layer, change the duped layer from normal to Overlay then play about with levels/brightness/saturation to suit. The process should give you a strong contrasty image.

More haphazard but potentially usefull is to use the magic wand to marquee those blacks.
Copy and paste them into a new layer then adjust their brightness/contrast.

Hope it's a help.

puggdogg

You just need to use levels if your in Photoshop. Ctr L will get you there.

staticgirl

Mitahane - I like the second one especially

Dave Hedmark

Hey guys here's a page of a horror comic I'm working on. Can any one give me a tip on how to drop shadows off of the cabinet handles in panel five? light source is the lamp at the top right edge of the panel.

CrazyFoxMachine

if you're using photoshop you can select a specific area and then fill it in black with the polygonal lasso tool - or even just the lasso one.

Cpt Rhodes

Dave, what Crazy Fox said.
Excellent page. Very clean art.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 29 September, 2010, 07:27:20 AM
if you're using photoshop you can select a specific area and then fill it in black with the polygonal lasso tool - or even just the lasso one.

Do this on a separate multiply layer and flatten down when happy. Do not use the magic wand to make selections unless your lineart is 1-bit (bitmap -- no smoothed edges) and you have anti-aliasing turned OFF on the wand.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dave Hedmark

Thanks guys. I think I was pretty vauge in my question. Does any one know how to get the right shape and length for the shadow in perspective cast correctly. as I inked this in illust studio putting a shadow is no problem its putting a shadow correctly that I'm having difficulty with.

Cpt Rhodes

Quote from: Dave Hedmark on 29 September, 2010, 12:32:54 PM
Thanks guys. I think I was pretty vauge in my question. Does any one know how to get the right shape and length for the shadow in perspective cast correctly. as I inked this in illust studio putting a shadow is no problem its putting a shadow correctly that I'm having difficulty with.
In my humble opinion I don't think the shadow is necessary and personally I'd be worried, (and that's only If I was doing it) that the shadow might actually make the handles hard to read as handles. The viewpoint is almost in exactly the same postion as the light which would render the shadows as negligible.

Dave Hedmark

Ah Thank you. I think your right maybe a subtle black lining on the handle edges that are away from the light. Thanks again. :D