Main Menu

Megazine 399- War on the Law!

Started by Proudhuff, 15 August, 2018, 12:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

So a cover of Dredd doing his Zumba class also...
smart-drug addiction on a university campus in "Brain Drain"; Devlin Waugh's in "Kiss of Death"; "The Returners" will be; Chopper battles to save Oz in "Wandering Soul", and there's the climax of the special Strange Brigade story that is the highlight of the Meg.  and in the bagged supplement this month, Judge Dredd: The Lost Cases, untold tales from the lawman's greatest adventures, scripted by Alan Grant, and featuring the art of David Roach, Anthony Williams, PJ Holden,

All well and good, total oppsite APU of the current Prog.

Updated the title to include the strapline.
DDT did a job on me

sheridan

You missed out the strapline and cover artist!  War on the Law! by Adam Brown

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Just picked this up, and have noticed the next floppy (in #400) is another Dredd one. Thought it was supposed to be Return To Armageddon?
And, #400 is to be perfect bound. Whoop!
Rest of the Meg looks splendid this month too.

SBT

sheridan

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 15 August, 2018, 01:25:29 PM
Just picked this up, and have noticed the next floppy (in #400) is another Dredd one. Thought it was supposed to be Return To Armageddon?

SBT

I thought it was supposed to be Mind Wars?  Another great Redondo strip.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

That too! I have a bad leg and have had to walk to town and back, so apologies.

SBT

Proudhuff

Quote from: sheridan on 15 August, 2018, 12:42:03 PM
You missed out the strapline and cover artist!  War on the Law! by Adam Brown

yeah, sorry about that I read it Monday night and that info escaped me  :-\

I'm torn between thinking Dredd is doing a fully fledged Dusty impersonation and or a Disco Diva dance to 'I am what I am'

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Mods!!

Please add the strap online
DDT did a job on me

broodblik

Another great Meg with Strange Brigade and The Returners the highlights.

Quote from: sheridan on 15 August, 2018, 01:57:30 PM

SBT

That was also my understanding and I was looking forward to Mind Wars. I never read this strip so little bit disappointed with the floppy next month.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

"perfect bound"

Bah. I used to love the perfect-bound Meg, but now rather like the stapled version, because it seems better for comics. (Easier to open; less chance of damage in transit.) All the Marvel reprints have gone perfect bound, and I'm not keen.

I wonder if the price-rise is a one-off? (I'd assume so, to cater for the extra pages.)

SIP

Quote from: broodblik on 15 August, 2018, 02:59:31 PM

SBT

That was also my understanding and I was looking forward to Mind Wars. I never read this strip so little bit disappointed with the floppy next month.

Makes sense for it to be a Dredd floppy in the 400th issue.....maximum Dredd I guess.

Having recently sorted out all of my megs, does the Megazine win any awards for most convoluted issue numbering in a comic? I ended up having to use the dates on the front to work out what was happening at one point.

broodblik

Question for the guys that do not have a digital subscription: I noticed that the 3rd page of the Dredd story the scan quality is quite poor and very hazy is this the  same for the printed version ?

Quote from: SIP on 15 August, 2018, 03:48:59 PM
Makes sense for it to be a Dredd floppy in the 400th issue.....maximum Dredd I guess.

Yes, it makes sense (it is not called Judge Dredd Megazine for nothing) but I was really looking forward to Mind Wars. So hopefully #401 will contain this
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Quote from: broodblik on 15 August, 2018, 02:59:31 PM

SBT

Having recently sorted out all of my megs, does the Megazine win any awards for most convoluted issue numbering in a comic? I ended up having to use the dates on the front to work out what was happening at one point.

At least there isn't a period of over a decade where one issue a year has an entirely different numbering system, which is then replicated in weekly succession...

SIP

Ha, yes I had that issue when sorting out the prog.

I, Cosh

Volume 2 & 3 were a complete pain in the hoop when I inherited a collection.
We never really die.

sheridan

Quote from: I, Cosh on 16 August, 2018, 08:40:00 AM
Volume 2 & 3 were a complete pain in the hoop when I inherited a collection.

I've lived in a variety of places over the past few decades, and the megs have been split up into different boxes over that time.  The last couple of months is the first time this century that I'll have the chance to get all the comics out at one time and try to put them back in order (never mind actually read the things) so I have all that to look forward to!