Main Menu

look what's in the loft

Started by zombemybabynow, 06 September, 2009, 05:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombemybabynow

whilst over at my parents this weekend, I decided to have a look in their loft to see what goodies of my youth might be stashed up there. 

firstly, i found 2 books potaining to the Judge Dredd rpg,(one of the books says on the cover: read thid first?!) If anybody wants these dusty books or if they're just hard to get? I'll happily send them for postage or a pint, depending where you're based

The second thing, (completely forgot about,) I found around 35 Fighting fantasy books, (the ones where you skip to a given page depening on action eg. turn west p77 or turn east p88)

So, looking forward to enjoying these.

Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Robin Low

The Judge Dredd stuff is the Games Workshop edition from the 80s. I'm not sure what it's worth, but I imagine it's worth more if you have the box and sheet of little cardboard characters. However, the two books are all you need to run the game (apart from dice, of course)

Regards

Robin

House of Usher

Quote from: zombemybabynow on 06 September, 2009, 05:02:56 PM
I found around 35 Fighting fantasy books, (the ones where you skip to a given page depening on action eg. turn west p77 or turn east p88)

Ah, awesome! I had quite a run of those when I was a kid. I left them at home for my younger brother when went to university. Years later, after his parents divorced, I asked him to retrieve them for me before the house was sold. He didn't. Later I drove over there with him to find his father had locked all the internal doors after I told him, as a courtesy, that I was coming for my stuff. The books eventually got packed into boxes with all his other possessions and stored in his aunt's garage, and we never saw any of them again.
STRIKE !!!

zombemybabynow

Well if mr ewing's next club night coinsides with your goth night, i'll bring down half a dozen for you

House of Usher

Quote from: zombemybabynow on 06 September, 2009, 08:17:07 PM
Well if mr ewing's next club night coinsides with your goth night, i'll bring down half a dozen for you

That's kind. I think I've replaced a few for the second time, and I have most of them pretty much memorized! But if you're ever of a mind to sell any, please give me first dibs. They go for good money on eBay, by the way.

I'm in London again on Friday 25th. Are you anywhere near? Is Al's brother's thing on again the same time? Too much to hope for, I'm sure.
:)
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

This, in a 'tweet' from July:

"Poptimism upcoming dates: 31/7, 28/8, 25/9 - the September one is an all #1s special with an actual pop star!"

I wonder if Al will be there? I will ask him. Eventually.
STRIKE !!!

vzzbux

Fighting fantasy books.. Now I have a load of them somewhere in my mums house. warlock of firetop mountain was the first one I bought. Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone were the main contributor if I am not mistaken.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Kerrin

Rooting about in my parents attic looking for some old CDs the other week I came across this,

Still in perfect nick even though it was in a shoebox with an ancient half packet of liquified cough sweets that had managed to gunk up virtually every thing else in there. Anyone remember what prog this came with?

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Kerrin on 06 September, 2009, 09:12:05 PM
a shoebox with an ancient half packet of liquified cough sweets that had managed to gunk up virtually every thing else in there.
Makes a change from Spangles.

zombemybabynow

TordelBack

QuoteAnyone remember what prog this came with?

If Barney serves, wallet came in 780, the cards the subsequent two weeks.

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=prog&page=freegifts

ThryllSeekyr

Quoting ZombieMyBabyNow....

Quotefirstly, i found 2 books potaining to the Judge Dredd rpg,(one of the books says on the cover: read thid first?!) If anybody wants these dusty books or if they're just hard to get? I'll happily send them for postage or a pint, depending where you're based

I'm pleased to have already scored those gaming books through Ebay nearly a year and half ago now I guess.

There were three of them bundled togther.

The Judge Dredd Companion with a coverpicture featuring Psi Anderson on hardcover.

The Judges Manual, black cover with the words "Read This First", on soft cover. Well I'll be damned, as I have not done this myself. (You'll find out why if you keep reading)

The Game Masters Book with a picture of Judge Dredd riding his lawmaster against a backdrop of MC-One on the front. Also on soft cover.

I was pleased I managed to get these even without the original boxing.

These books are a vintage collection.

I trust you only have both of the soft covers.

On a earlier occasion while I was living down south, I found the same Game Masters Book all by itself in a old comic book store for five dollars (AUD).So I brought it merely for it's simple, yet easy to access excyclopedia of facts about Judge Dredd and MC-ONE

Quoting ZombieMyBabyNow....

Quote.The second thing, (completely forgot about,) I found around 35 Fighting fantasy books, (the ones where you skip to a given page depening on action eg. turn west p77 or turn east p88)

I used be subscriber to a BOOKCLUB when I was in primary and early secondary school. Whilest in early secondary, I had aquaired "Death Trap Dungeon" and "King Of Lizard Island" It would have been the first printing. I know they were republished in mid to late ninties. and I was planning to get all of those, but you know what they say about plans. Things don't always turn out the way you like. "Death Trp Dungeon " was particually interesting and I had also tried mapping it rather inaccurately, but I have that stashed away somewhere on see-thru paper probably in a folder inside a bag filled with all my old character sheets..
As for those type of books , I had also three of the "Choose Your Own Adventure". "Cave of Time", "Race Forever", "The Third Star from Altair" which went missing. The other two are still on my shelf. The first one of those I have read back to front and back again.
Theres' also "Dragon Warriors' I forget which one, but the cover picture was that of a warrior Centaur, bald except for a top knot, rearing up on it's hind hooves ready to strike with weapon in hand. You have to buy all of these to play the game properly. As all the book in this seris beyond the first one are only supplementry to it.

You will find alot of stuff like that here.

[url] http://homeoftheunderdogs.net/[url]

Where I originally downloaded the 2000AD Diceman gaming books, with some Zork as well.