Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 14 May, 2013, 07:25:02 AM
Quote from: Link Prime on 13 May, 2013, 10:40:41 PM

Is there going to be a rush on Mick Austin now that a source of his art has leaked?

You bet; and there's possible news of a group wedding to a woman from Nairobi!

Not a Mick Austin fan Mark?

And Skullmo....what can I say- one of the best hauls I've ever seen!
While most mere mortals are deciding if they can afford the Termight or Deviant edition of the new Nemesis book here you are blowing thousands on art and showing us how its done!
Great stuff! (I'm seething with jealousy).

hippynumber1

I am, you've got it the wrong way round! We pooled together to buy a number of pages in order to get a discount. The money has been sent and I'm now just waiting for the revelation that we've all been scammed into marrying Eboneke from Nairobi... (It's never as funny when you have to explain)...  :-\

Link Prime

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 14 May, 2013, 10:16:27 AM
I am, you've got it the wrong way round! We pooled together to buy a number of pages in order to get a discount. The money has been sent and I'm now just waiting for the revelation that we've all been scammed into marrying Eboneke from Nairobi... (It's never as funny when you have to explain)...  :-\

ming

It's getting hard to keep up with this thread these days - so many incredible pieces on show lately.  It's really great to see so much lovely artwork in good hands.

:)

o1s1n

Wow, amazing stuff! Congrats!!!

That Hicklenton Nemesis page - that has been on CAF for a while. Is that your gallery Skullmo? Or did you pick it up from that fellah?

I only ask as I see there are 6 other Hicklenton pages listed on that gallery and I've been drooling over them for as long as I can remember  :lol:

hippynumber1

Quote from: o1s1n on 14 May, 2013, 01:05:51 PM
Wow, amazing stuff! Congrats!!!

That Hicklenton Nemesis page - that has been on CAF for a while. Is that your gallery Skullmo? Or did you pick it up from that fellah?

I only ask as I see there are 6 other Hicklenton pages listed on that gallery and I've been drooling over them for as long as I can remember  :lol:

I've already warned you about Hicklenton pages Mister...   ;)

o1s1n

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 14 May, 2013, 01:18:13 PM

I think we may need to resolve this in a duel  :lol:

Pistols at dawn?

ming

That Hicklenton Nemesis page - that has been on CAF for a while. Is that your gallery Skullmo?

Using my astonishing powers of deduction (i.e. putting two and two together) I say NO.   :D

Which leaves the question: how the hell did you prise that loose?

Lovely page, anyway.

hippynumber1

Quote from: o1s1n on 14 May, 2013, 01:21:08 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 14 May, 2013, 01:18:13 PM

I think we may need to resolve this in a duel  :lol:

Pistols at dawn?

I prefer cutlasses at dusk...

Sideshow Bob

Some lovely pieces there Skullmo... :o

I like Nemesis but have never been that big a fan that I would want any pieces for myself....BUT...after seeing yours' and Marks' pieces by a certain Mr Langley...I've changed my mind !!....
Absolutely fabulous......I'm lucky enough to have one piece by Clint Langley ( Slaine : Lord of Misrule...Front Cover from Prog 958, September 1995 ), but can't afford any more...Yet !!

Great stuff, guys... :D
Love this thread.. 
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Skullmo

Quote from: Dunk! on 14 May, 2013, 09:46:37 AM
Ah Skullmo, that's the HOSH9 spread I was prepared to give up some of my Halo Jones pages for but moved too slowly.

Nice haul.

I copied the Dredd panel on the right so many times as a young teen - 20+ at least.

Love Original Art when there's some serious memories attached.

Dunk!

Yes me too. It is a classic page. I actually wanted to get the transforming judge as my first choice but someone beat me to it!

I am so impressed by how massive the thing is!!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

Quote from: ming on 14 May, 2013, 01:29:21 PM
That Hicklenton Nemesis page - that has been on CAF for a while. Is that your gallery Skullmo?

Using my astonishing powers of deduction (i.e. putting two and two together) I say NO.   :D

Which leaves the question: how the hell did you prise that loose?

Lovely page, anyway.

I bought it from the CAF owner, I asked him about another page entirely and when I went to see it saw the Hicklenton pages and fell in love! I could only get them by throwing cash at him. I have another page as well that will make you well jeal (as they say). I will try to get a photo today. Unfortunately the others were definitely not for sale otherwise I would have had them.

He told me an interesting story about these pages, and that was that they had originally been given to Simon Bisley as a gift from Hicklenton. And then Bisley had sold them. One of them had 'to Simon' on it so it seems believable.

Spikes

This thread is seriously hitting overdrive. I love it!

Quote from: Skullmo on 14 May, 2013, 02:45:15 AM
And a giant Brett Ewins A1 double spread obtained from the wonderful gent that is Wake.

Thats a heck of a DPS, Skullmo - lovely stuff indeed. Wake certainly had some incredible pieces of art for sale, didnt he.

Quote from: Dunk! on 14 May, 2013, 09:46:37 AM
Ah Skullmo, that's the HOSH9 spread I was prepared to give up some of my Halo Jones pages for but moved too slowly

:o Surely Halo's are keepers, and never to be sold, or passed on - at any cost? Still, i know what you mean about art having memories attached. Hard to resist, those ones.

opaque

My Halo's are certainly going nowhere  :lol:

You do just have to go for it when you see something I suppose and obviously some people have the ability to sell children etc to pay for it all ;)

Skullmo

Oisin, this one is for you  :P:

I bet the art editors had fun dealing with the random penis on this page, it is just a white blob in the printed page, in fact the printed version is far more restrained.