Main Menu

Venom short-film

Started by JOE SOAP, 31 July, 2013, 10:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

You'll recognise radiator's exquisite handiwork here (well done Tom) and the Venom short-film is released tomorrow:

The concept behind 'Truth in Journalism' is one I've had for a while. It was actually an idea I had for either a 'Dredd' sequel or a 'Duke Nukem' movie. The idea was to take 'Man Bites Dog,' that super-niche movie, and mash it up with a well-known antihero. Essentially then, you're making a dark comedy. It's a concept where you're taking a character that's inherently over the top, then you drop him or her into an overly realistic, grounded reality. So you have everyone around this person scratching their heads going, "Dude, why is this guy behaving like a cartoon character?" -Adi Shankar (producer)

Looking forward to seeing it although I think Duncan Jones has him beat on the same 'found footage' idea for a DREDD film. Maybe they should get together:

Duncan Jones, Director of Moon and currently making Source Code with Jake Gyllenhaal has tweeted an idea he has for a Judge Dredd film.

@ManMadeMoon One day, I would love to tell you my idea for a Judge Dredd film... But not yet.

@ManMadeMoon Haha! Ok... I'll give you my tweet version. It's a Dredd take on the film "Man bites Dog," & involves Death & the League of Fatties.

radiator

Ha, cool - was wondering when this would be released.

I can't actually see more than a thumbnail of the poster though - clicking the link just reloads the main page.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 31 July, 2013, 11:01:41 AM
I can't actually see more than a thumbnail of the poster though - clicking the link just reloads the main page.

Collider's been a bit buggy these past few weeks.

Frank

Aye, that looks immense, radiator. For some reason, I can only see the poster if I copy and paste the address below into my browser window:

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/Truth-in-Journalism-poster.jpg

JOE SOAP

Goaty

Great film! but better if not post Venom on the title thread as big spoiler for new people to watch it?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Goaty on 02 August, 2013, 09:31:18 AM
Great film! but better if not post Venom on the title thread as big spoiler for new people to watch it?

Unfortunately I think most of the people who it's aimed at wouldn't bother to watch it otherwise so it's a compromise and it's all ready been referred to as a Venom film in almost every article on he web.

Goaty

Yep you're right, but I like that youtube page, as no mentioned of venom on it :)

Thanks for it.

Heath C Ackley

I enjoyed it. I liked the art documentary style and how it subverts the whole blockbuster grandeur that is usually associated with the genre. Great acting from True Blood's Ryan Kwanten.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

JamesC

An article on IGN about this: (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/06/adi-shankar-talks-his-marvel-short-film-truth-in-journalism

But look at the last part of the interview:

As for the shorts all I can tell you is that I am the law.*

*We'd heard rumors of a Dredd short... looks like it's actually happening!