Main Menu

Lawgiver ammunition types

Started by GrudgeJohnDeed, 21 June, 2018, 08:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrudgeJohnDeed

I was wondering if the experts could help me, is there an official order for the ammunition types in the Lawgiver's settings? like 1 - Standard, 2 - Armour Piercing etc?

Trout

Nope. The writers just make shit up.

There were rules in things like the Dredd roleplaying game, but they were immediately ignored in a variety of ways. Judges just have whatever the plot demands.

Funt Solo

There's a couple of diagrams of the Mark I and Mark II, but strangely neither of them mention Stallone's much-loved double whammy.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Steve Green

The MK1 has an order if you want one

But it's made up as required - there are a few other rounds available as well, tracers, stun shots etc.

pauljholden

I like to draw shells, and the case has a limited amount of storage for shelled rounds, so I always imagine there are two things going on:
1) Theres a base ammo type of which the shells are a part
2) there's a sort of almost instant 3d printer creating new shells as required based on some basic chemistry and whether it needs smarts or not.

Incendiary? Base plus high explosive charge.
Rapid fire? base
Heat seeker? Base + a microchip and some sort of mini steering + more energy
Ricochet? based + some sort of boing add on plus maybe some smarts to make sure it's hitting targets.

etc.

I mean I don't think about it much, but if I did that's probably how I'd imagine it...

Richard

QuoteI mean I don't think about it much, but if I did...
Sure, sure...  :)

The Legendary Shark

I imagine that all the bullets are standard rounds and the Lawgiver reassembles their molecules using a preprogrammed quantum scalar electromagnetic field into the configuration required.

Not that I think much about it, either...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

GordonR

The inside scoop from the Secret Dredd Writers' Club:

Every Lawgiver round incorporates all the special round features.  The default setting is Standard, but selecting a specific round type activates that mode in the next bullet to be fired.

Lawgiver rounds are probably really expensive to make...

sheridan

Good! Use your nerdy feelings, boy. Let the geek flow through you.

sheridan

Quote from: GordonR on 22 June, 2018, 01:02:59 PM

Every Lawgiver round incorporates all the special round features.  The default setting is Standard, but selecting a specific round type activates that mode in the next bullet to be fired.

Voice activated too - that's why Dredd has to shout out what he's about to do (the side-affect of which is warning the perps what to expect) :D

GrudgeJohnDeed

Thanks for the diagrams guys, RIP grenade shot! Was that removed because of its similarity to Hi-Ex?

Yeah you'd assume the Judges will have revised that concept! Not only a huge waste but with the more common round types not exploding they'd be leaving unspent Hi-Ex and Incendiary material everywhere! With all the shoot-outs in MC1 there might be big black market business in salvaging Lawgiver rounds from crime scenes!

wedgeski

That image looks familiar. Games Workshop Dredd RPG?

The Legendary Shark

I think it might have been on the back cover of one of the Daily Star Dredd collections.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Steven Denton

That's nuts but not exactly unheard of. I would quite like to see a story where a judge wings someone then about a minute later, whilst being sentenced, the shell detonates by accident in a hi-ex + incendiary fireball.

Woolly

Quote from: GrudgeJohnDeed on 22 June, 2018, 01:23:51 PM
RIP grenade shot! Was that removed because of its similarity to Hi-Ex?

I would've thought a grenade round has a timer before it explodes, whereas a hi-ex explodes on contact  :think:

Not that I've ever given this any thought either, of course....