Main Menu

Lawgiver ammunition types

Started by GrudgeJohnDeed, 21 June, 2018, 08:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

I think if you spent more time trying to understand how a writer's mind works and less time how a future space gun works, you might get to the answer more quickly.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

If nothing else,  I don't think Wagner nor Grant ever wrote a story where a Ricochet round was used to stun anyone!  If anything,  it's one of Dredd's most lethal techniques...  It's Titanium Rubber,  not regular only-occasionally-fatal Rubber.

Dandontdare

in "Vienna" (I think), Dredd stuns the perp with a glancing shot to the head - can't remember if it mentions whether it's a special round or just an implausibly effective use of a standard execution bullet.

TordelBack

The Mk II (and III?) does have a seldom-used stun function, of course, but its some kind of electromagnetic pulse emitted from beneath the barrel, rather than being a round...  Somewhere (somewhere) Dredd remarks that its not reliable enough to use in life-threatening situations.

PlanetReplicas

Quote from: GrudgeJohnDeed on 21 June, 2018, 08:12:29 PM
I was wondering if the experts could help me, is there an official order for the ammunition types in the Lawgiver's settings? like 1 - Standard, 2 - Armour Piercing etc?

Gun by me from Judge Minty, imagination and art by Steve Sterlacchini ;-)

Judge Dredd Lawgiver Mark 2 Pistol by Steven Sterlacchini, on Flickr
www.planetreplicas.com

info@planetreplicas.com
www.facebook.com/PlanetReplicas