Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddykafka

Quote from: Proudhuff on 02 April, 2019, 04:24:51 PM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 22 March, 2019, 11:23:22 PM
The local ne'er-do-wells  keep waving at me in the street when I wear a certain combination of baseball cap and jacket. They keep thinking I look like one of their mates.

that's not going to end well  :o

The time to really worry, is when they start chanting "We will make you one of us... one of us..."

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Proudhuff on 02 April, 2019, 04:24:51 PM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 22 March, 2019, 11:23:22 PM
The local ne'er-do-wells  keep waving at me in the street when I wear a certain combination of baseball cap and jacket. They keep thinking I look like one of their mates.

that's not going to end well  :o

I've already had one slightly uncomfortable conversation. They seem a bit surprised when a squeaky English voice answers them.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

I, Cosh

Can't log into Comixology on my iPad without either updating the app (which I can't do) or linking my comixology and amazon accounts.

Pretty irked.
We never really die.

Link Prime

Quote from: I, Cosh on 03 June, 2019, 03:13:07 PM
linking my comixology and amazon accounts.

They do love encouraging that alright.
Whats the tin-foil theory on this? Can't see it making any difference myself.

The Legendary Shark

Part of the ongoing consolidation of the internet datascape.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

I, Cosh

Quote from: Link Prime on 07 June, 2019, 01:54:43 PM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 03 June, 2019, 03:13:07 PM
linking my comixology and amazon accounts.
They do love encouraging that alright.
Whats the tin-foil theory on this? Can't see it making any difference myself.
Nothing really tin-foil. I just don't like this kind of convergence and as I try to keep the email addresses and such that I use for different things separate I get annoyed when one company manages to get around this.
We never really die.

TordelBack

F*CKING F*CKITY BANK F*CKERS F*CK. Come the revolution, I swear to Grud I know exactly where I'm leading my hand-picked Reconciliation Cadre to first, after we make a quick stop for re-education supplies at B&Q.

And that's all I have to say on that subject  :ssh:.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

It is what it is, Sharkster. Nothing the overthrow of late capitalism and some duct tape couldn't fix.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

Its the same in the Command Centre... read your Prog Damage Report for further info... over.
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

Apparently, my heart's only working at about 50% capacity due to the damage it sustained during the last event. No wonder I'm struggling at work (had to get help carrying a storm-broken tree limb away today, should have been able to do it myself) and don't love anybody any more.

Feels like I'm on my way out.

Luckily, I'm too dumb/stubborn/romantic/awkward to lie down and quit. I mean, who the Hell's going to piss you lot off so adroitly if I kick the bucket, eh?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Feck that Sharky, 50% output of your heart is probably better than the full function of most other folk's. 

The Legendary Shark

Hell yeah! Thanks, Tordels - I'm gonna take that :D

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01