Main Menu

Weekly Comics, Monthly! - Hawkmonger & my new 2000 AD related comic Podcast

Started by The Adventurer, 22 June, 2015, 03:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

Hey gang, about a week ago Hawkmonger and I decided to take a dry run at a new Podcast idea. One where we just casually review the weekly comics we've read in the prior month. At the moment that primarily entails the UK's own 2000 AD, and the English arm of Japan's Weekly Shonen Jump.

I'm still working on hosting solutions, but as its been a week and the show's content is getting staler by the day I figured I should get it up in front of relevant interested listeners (IE: You guys). So below is a direct link to the MP3 file of the episode. You can listen to it directly in your browser, or download it to your MP3 player. Whichever you prefer.

This episode we talk about Progs 1931 to 1934. And Weekly Shonen Jump 2015 issues 25 - 28. We also take time to talk about League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Century, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and Charley's War.

Weekly Comics, Monthly! - Episode 01

TIMESTAMPS for episode content are as follows
05:31 - 2000 AD Progs 1931 - 1934
35:32 - Weekly Shonen Jump 25 - 28
01:18:52 - League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Century
01:25:01 - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency Part 1
01:36:44 - Charley's War

If you have any questions, suggestions, or any other comics, feel free to send us a message to WEEKLYCOMICSMONTHLY@GMAIL.COM We would love to hear from you.  And I do hope to have an actual website for this in the near future. Not to mention be on iTunes, and possibly Youtube.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Richmond Clements

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 22 June, 2015, 11:31:30 AM
(Karl Richardson, BTW...)
It was only after we finished recording that it occured to me that I could just have googled it. Derpy derp!

I think I need to take a look at my configuration as I sounded quite muffled throughout, but really enjoyed recording the first episode (even if I did waffle quite a bit). :lol: 

Fungus

Good podcast guys, enjoyed that and though manga is not and probably never will be my thing, I stuck with it. One Punch Man you have mentioned before and I may now have to download something just to see if it's half as great as you make out. Sounds pretty damn entertaining.

Good work!

Fungus

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 23 June, 2015, 09:13:47 AM
a look at my configuration as I sounded quite muffled throughout

No sound quality problems for me. Only the other day I gave up on another related podcast as it proved unlistenable (a rare occurrence), but this was fine.

The Adventurer

We've finally got our website hosting sorted. I'm still working on sprucing it up (I am not a very good graphic designer for banners a such... but I'm working on it) but its functional and you can now add us to your RSS feed, or subscribe to us on iTunes so you never miss an episode!

So check us out at wcm.guttertrash.net

Looking forward to recording out next episode in the next couple weeks! Thanks for the kind words so far Rich and Fung!

Hawkmumbler

Aye, many thanks for the kind words from revs. Richmond and Fungus.

IronGraham

We're werewolves not swearwolves

IronGraham

We're werewolves not swearwolves

The Adventurer

I did play around with Stormcloud when I was looking to sort out hosting options, but stopped once the website panned out. Is there a benifit to you the listener if we also hosted on Stormcloud as well?

Colin YNWA

Well back to stripping paper and back to listening to podcasts and after catching up with the 2 Thrillcasts I was very much looking forward to this... even if it meant I missed all the wickets in the cricket this morning - damnit.WHAT A COST...

... still my ego was appeased by what I think was a name check and my ears by a very pleasent listen. I'm a big fan of The Adventurer and Hawkmonger, after all they hangout at my favourite thread a lot (in fact as I recall The Adventurer started it in fact) so no surprise this was a good listen... and who knew The Adventurer had the voice of some US movie icon. A man born for the airwaves surely!

Keep it up fellas and I'll be listening.

Hawkmumbler

Many thanks Colin, in the next episode you can look forward to myself regularly pronouncing El Maldito incorrectly, insulting the irish by accident, and trying to surpress the memory of the One Piece rap. I'm sure Jim has his own list of highlights.  :lol:

The Adventurer

PHEW. Sorry for the delay folks, this episode ended up being a bit of a monster so it took me longer then I expected to get it upload ready. But its here, Weekly Comics, Monthly Episode 02! Now hosted properly on a real website.

This episode Jim and Zac take on Weekly Shonen Jump 29-32 to witness the end of One Piece's latest arc, and the exit of Naruto's latest return. While 2000 AD offers the return of Jaegir , and the continuing adventures of Judge Dredd, Helium, and Absalom. Then they turn to the latest issue of the Judge Dredd Megazine for its big jumping-on potential get excited for the return of Lawless and the arrival of Paul Grist's Demin Nic. While also expressing their opinions on more Brit-Cit Judges.

Timestamps below for those who want to jump to something specific!

TIMESTAMPS
00:06:09 – WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP No. 29 – 32
01:03:17 – 2000 AD Progs 1935 – 1938
01:42:23 – JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE 361
02:12:37 – Judge Dredd 2014
02:13:30 – FINN Book 1
02:15:24 – SAVAGE DRAGON ARCHIVES Vol.1

As always suggestions, questions, or other advice is welcome. Due to the raw length of this episode I've been thinking of ways to make it more manageable.

sheridan

Quote from: The Adventurer on 20 July, 2015, 07:40:01 PM
But its here, Weekly Comics, Monthly Episode 02! Now hosted properly on a real website.
Podcast trustily downloading automatically as I type (but it's late so I'll have to go to bed before it's playable).
Timestamps below for those who want to jump to something specific!
02:13:30 – FINN Book 1
Book II, surely?

The Adventurer

Nope 1. Didn't quite get to book 2 yet. Spoiler, we don't actually spend much time on it. Sorry.