Main Menu

2000ad suspected IP infringement thread

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 06 August, 2010, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Despite frequenting the Sevenpenny Nightmare  site, i hadnt really paid any attention as to who ran it. Seems Moose Harris is indeed a passionate lover of comics. Good man!

Despite its unoffical status, the Action site, in terms of quality, certainly sets a high water mark, and i can easily imagine it having tacit approval. Steve MacManus, himself has given it the thumbs up, i believe.
Its oft reported that 'Best of Action' collections are heading our way, but frustratingly, these have yet to materialise. A timely reprint, and updating of, the superb 'The Story of a Violent Comic' by Martin Barker wouldnt go amiss.

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 23 October, 2012, 08:32:41 AM
Tell me about it, im doing that at the moment. Very slowly. I have six so far. :-/
SBT

Do you need Issue 31 – 11th September 1976, and Issue 32 – 18th September 1976?, as i have spare copies for these. Your more than welcome to them.

SmallBlueThing

I certainly do, kind sir. Please pm me and let me know what i can exchange them for- comics or monies.

SBT

Spikes

No probs, and no charge. A good home is all thats required. PM me your address, and ill pop 'em off when i get chance.

SmallBlueThing

Well, that's very kind! I will pm you when i get to a real computer, as i cant do that from my phone unless as a reply to a pm you send me first. And again: many thanks!

SBT

Beaker

Quote from: Judge Jack on 23 October, 2012, 08:02:29 PM
A timely reprint, and updating of, the superb 'The Story of a Violent Comic' by Martin Barker wouldnt go amiss.

Indeed. That was going on my Christmas list until I saw how much it was going for on Amazon!
"I've got 'em.....I just ain't scratching!'

Spikes

Aye, its certainly not cheap. Usually hovers around the £60 mark on E-bay. Still, if you can find a decent copy, and at a decent price, then snap it up. Some brilliant stuff in there, plenty of unpublished art/stories from when the ban kicked in.
Just why this hasnt been reprinted (and updated, as a fair amount of new stuff has come to light since this was printed in the early 90's) is beyond me.

Jim_Campbell

Chap here selling a fistful of unauthorised merchandise:

http://society6.com/SIRLAZYJ/DREDD-gzf_Print

The site will only accept reports of copyright infringement from the rights holder or their agent.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

vzzbux

Thats a pretty piss poor image as well.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Spikes

Quote from: vzzbux on 08 November, 2012, 04:42:47 PM
Thats a pretty piss poor image as well.
and only $18.00!

Yeh, had a quick neb at the site, and they are truly taking the piss, arent they.
'Fine art print on natural white, matte, ultra smooth, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin free archival paper using an advanced digital dry ink method to ensure vibrant image quality. Custom trimmed with 1" border for framing'

CrazyFoxMachine

I forget what the rules are with Redbubble - but these stickers are fairly nifty if legal.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/satansbrand

Darren Stephens

I saw those stickers on the guys instagram feed yesterday. They are quite nice, aren't they? If slightly naughty (If he doesn't have Thargs permission....)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

COMMANDO FORCES

An absolute disgrace, especially at £1.57 for ONE sticker :o

Although you get 50% off with six or more.........Stop it John :crazy:

Steve Green

Where did you find that?

I can't imagine why they'd have a pic of Rogue Trooper on a fries carton...

Trout