Main Menu

Mega City Book Club - a new podcast about 2000AD books

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 23 May, 2016, 08:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Excellent black and white image, Pete. And this coming Sunday is the return of the Mackem as we get into Wagner and Ranson's sublime Button Man

Proudhuff

Eamonn,
I've started commuting, don't ask, so looking forward to some podcast-type distractions on the train, will be intouch, if I can work out the webfu...
DDT did a job on me

Pete Wells

A Mackem and a Scot? We're definitely going to need subtitles!

Eamonn Clarke

He's back, from outer space! It's the return of the Mackem as Pete Wells brings the collected Button Man: Get Harry Ex to a seedy seventies pub based version of the book club. There are spoilers for all three installments of the Harry Exton story.

Tune in via iTunes or your favourite podcatcher. Or listen on the blog site at:
http://megacitybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/mega-city-book-club-7-button-man-get.html

And do let us know what you think.

SpongeJosh

Been meaning to read Button Man for a while now. This episode has definitely sold it for me. Thank you Eamonn & Pete! 

Colin YNWA

Finally got around to listening to one of these (only just caught up on Thrillcast and still had a LOAD of ironing to finish). Listened to the latest one with Pete and very good stuff it is too. Hope to find time to catch up with the rest but fantastic job Eamonn (and Pete)

Skullmo

Great series so far - it's always a pleasure to listen to Pete
It's a joke. I was joking.

Eamonn Clarke

http://megacitybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/mega-city-book-club-8-abc-warriorsthe.html

The book club is back in that noisy London pub to discuss the incredible artwork that marked the return of the ABC Warriors to the prog in 1988. Julius Howe shares his knowledge, passion and insights into the work of Bisley and SMS.

As ever, please let us know what you think.
Cheers

Steve Green

Interesting, especially the background to the SMS artwork.

Old One Eye

Always happy to see a new episode in my phone feed.  I haven't listened to this one yet but as soon as I've read the book I'll be sticking the old ear buds in. :)
It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!

sheridan

Great news that SMS / Smuzz is still creating artwork, and I'd love to see him back on the prog - I'm sure sub-editor CyberMatt would be much more amenable to new Ro-Jaws / Hammerstein / ABC Warriors / other sci-fi spacey stuff.

Website here

Colin YNWA

Didn't SMS have a strip lined up for the disaster that was Strip?

Eamonn Clarke

It's Zenith time! With David Grice discussing 2000AD's perculiarly British take on super-heroes. We were careful but there are some phase 1 spoilers.

Please let us know what you think especially if we missed something. And if we're doing things right then please share on your twitter and facebooks and all those other things the kids use.

Cheers! Mine's a pint with Siadwell.