Main Menu

Opinions are like arseholes…

Started by Jim_Campbell, 17 August, 2010, 04:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flip-r mk2

Jim, this board will be a poorer place without you,hope your self imposed exile doesn't last to long ( who else is going to point out to me about iPOD's and PODcasts).
Take care ya grumpy ole cunt.

filip

PS now that Jim's away can we start using Comic Sans . :lol:
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

vzzbux

Jim, a few board members have had my dander up a few times and it is good just to leave it be and let them carry on with their pretentious shit as certain personalities cannot be swayed. Just fuck em life is too short to let little pricks eat you up.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Richmond Clements

Christ, I go away for one weekend...

Kev Levell

Jim,
This board needs you. You are one of the pillars that support it.

Cheers!

Kev

LARF

Noisybast

Seriously? You're leaving because of some 19 post semi-troll? Sort yerself out, man!
If you go, who's going to apply their Nu-Rock encased foot to the back end of trolls and sock-puppets?

Also: Fuck off.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Lady Festina

My personal tribute to the Great and Legendary Mr Campbell: Five More Reasons Why Opinions Are Like Arseholes:

1. Everyone's got one and assumes it's OK but never really checks to make sure.

2. If someone tries to scrutinise yours, it'll tighten up.

3. It's embarrassing to admit that there might be something wrong with yours.

4. And sometimes we just can't keep them under control....

5. And, of course, the last thing you want is Big Hairy Demi-Goth taking an interest in yours.

Happy sailing, Cap'n Jim. Hope to see you for Beer In Birmingham.

Emperor

Quote from: Lady Festina on 18 August, 2010, 10:56:04 AM
My personal tribute to the Great and Legendary Mr Campbell: Five More Reasons Why Opinions Are Like Arseholes:

1. Everyone's got one and assumes it's OK but never really checks to make sure.

And we often lose sight of our own and can even forget it exists until it starts annoying other people ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Peter Wolf

About Jim....

When i joined this board i was out of control and this is very well known.

However it was Jim who helped and as he was very firm but very fair which he didnt have to be and not once was i told to Fuck off or called a C*** or anything else even in jest.

I have to say i am saddened by Jims course of action and this is totally regardless of what Jims opinion of myself may or may not be.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 18 August, 2010, 06:07:05 PM
However it was Jim who helped and as he was very firm but very fair which he didnt have to be and not once was i told to Fuck off or called a C*** or anything else even in jest.

Not to your face, maybe!  Joking, joking.  I do think that PeterWolf's forum-use trajectory is a very good example of what Jim is talking about - PW was insanely prolific and religiously off-topic right out of the gate and wound many people up in the early days, but he was called on it (several times), saw where he was rubbing boarders up the wrong way, and became the lupus familiaris we all have on 'Ignore' today.  Joking again.  Some of that response was way over on the wrong side of the dial from  'Mean', but even so the end result was arguably a win for everyone.  Had everyone treated PW as if he was entitled to his behaviour he may well have ended up permanently banned instead of our number one producer of Bellardinelli landscapes and head conspiracy loon (and this in a forum that includes The Legendary Shark!).

If this sounds as patronising as it does to me reading it back, I sincerely apologise, that wasn't my intention - I'm just using the example PW since he's a self-confessed beneficiary from the 'robust debate' school of forum behaviour.  I'm well aware that my endless beige meanderings are just as off-putting to many boarders as PW's posts ever were.

EDIT:   I particularly remember Peter's drawn response to being challenged on his claimed artistic ability being a revelation - he was asked to support his claims and by Grud he did it.  Same with doggycarrots.  Asking people to substantiate their claims and opinions is a good thing.  

chilipenguin

[vader]Noooooooooooooo![/vader]

I'm just one of the new guys here but Jim has already helped me so much. Don't leave.

If you leave me now/
You take away the biggest part of me/
Dobeedoooooooo baby please don't go...

etc

Lady Festina

Quote from: chilipenguin on 18 August, 2010, 11:14:50 PM
If you leave me now/

You realise this may come back to haunt you....??

Trout

Jim likes Dancing Queen by Abba. It's his favourite song, ever, in the whole wide world.

chilipenguin

Quote from: Lady Festina on 19 August, 2010, 02:46:29 PM
Quote from: chilipenguin on 18 August, 2010, 11:14:50 PM
If you leave me now/

You realise this may come back to haunt you....??

I laugh in the face of fear.