Main Menu

2D 2013

Started by chaingunchimp, 02 May, 2013, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLOUDMAN

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 May, 2013, 03:27:20 AM
Sadly Cam doesn't do sketches or commissions due to his eyesight fading but he will sign away quite happily.
I would recommend having a chat with him, if you get the chance, as he has some great stories and not just about comics. I managed a wee chat up Hi-Ex! and thoroughly enjoyed it :D

Ah fair nuff! Will do, cheers!

Mister Macheath

Aye I'll be heading down from Belfast on the Saturday, should be top fun.

Mikey

I'm finally, finally going to make it to a comic con -  this year's 2d will be taking my cherry. I'll only be there on the Saturday but I'm staying over so I can get a few pints in too.

I'll be the bald, greying goatee'd overweight fella in a 2000ad t-shirt of some form. I'm sure to stick out  :D Might do my world famous cosplay of Hellboy if you're lucky:

M.

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Mister Macheath

Quote from: Mikey on 27 May, 2013, 03:04:43 PMMight do my world famous cosplay of Hellboy if you're lucky[/img]

WOAH! It's uncanny!!

maryanddavid

Make sure and say hello Mikey!
Im still looking good for going, I'll have One Eyed Jack and the Death of Valiant, Doomlord and the first Tales from the Emerald Isle for sale, along with assorted Annuals and Gns that I will be offloading.
My wingman has bailed on me, he had to work, so I probably wont get a change to to chat to as many creators as I like, Especially the 2000ad ones.
Cheers!

chaingunchimp

only a couple of days to go :)
make sure you call over to the Berserker table to say hello guys.
hopefully have some new bits and pieces.
and will no doubt be in the pub after if anyone's going.
just too metal

my blog: http://chaingunchimp.blogspot.com/

For awesome original art by top comic creators please visit:

http://berserkercomicart.com/

maryanddavid

Cant make the pub unfortunatly, Its our wedding anniversary so its drive straight home as soon as its finished

maryanddavid

I had a great day yesterday, an early start I left the house after 6, was there at 9, and  set up with my wares at the table.
Sale for the day were fine, great crowd there. I chatted to Cam Kennedy,(still doing some small sketches) Simon Furman, Geoff Senior, Jock, and a couple of the guys from Zombies Hi! I didnt get any sketches,  I couldnt leave the table for too long.
From the baord I was talking to ChainGun, Mikey dropped by and said hello, I had a long chat with Paddy Brown. Good chat too with James Bacon from the FB blog and spoke to PJ briefly.
Highlight of the day had to be when I got there in the morning, the organiser told me I would be sharing a table with Glen Fabry!!!!
I had the full day chatting with him and talking about his drawing, comics etc. Really nice guy and facinating to watch drawing.
Glen did this for me before I left

Mikey

Nice! Had a good time meself, and I meant to get back to you David to pick up some stuff after I left the Fabry line.

Enjoyed speaking (read gushing) to the creators I got a chance to,got a few sketches, some prints and a cracking Dredd page from PJ. Looking forward to next year already-going to make a point of going now I've broke my con duck.

Where was your table Chaingun? I didn't spot anything obvious but then again I couldn't find Mike Collins either!

M

Link Prime

Alas, couldn't make it as I unexpectedly had to work (bank holiday weekends are a meaningless aside to a multinational business).
Hope everyone had a good time.

Great Fabry sketch there David.

And Mikey- post some pics of those sketches!

Andrew_J

Had a fantastic weekend at 2D. What a great venue and atmosphere. The guests (and visitors) were great.
Got to have a great chat with Cam Kennedy who had some great stories.
Also chatted to Richard Starkings, Si Spurrier and PJ Holden amongst others. Couldn't afford to buy any of PJ's great art work on the day but the wife has been duly informed as to what I would like for my birthday. He was kind enough to this great sketch for my Dredd-loving son.
Will definitely be back next year.

MIKE COLLINS

Quote from: Mikey on 02 June, 2013, 07:41:25 PM
Nice! Had a good time meself, and I meant to get back to you David to pick up some stuff after I left the Fabry line.
I couldn't find Mike Collins either!

M

I was sat facing Glenn's table, you must've been within metres of me :-)

Mikey

Quote from: MIKE COLLINS on 04 June, 2013, 04:58:27 PM
I was sat facing Glenn's table, you must've been within metres of me :-)

First: arse!  >:( Must have passed you at least half a dozen times. I'll get you next time Collins!

QuoteAnd Mikey- post some pics of those sketches!

Second: Ask and ye shall recieve.

This needs no introduction I reckon:

Dredd by Will Simpson, responding to a Code 99. Deosn't look good for Judge Dempster!

Troggie by PJ Holden. Loved the look of the Troggies in the recent episode.

Daenerys print from Will Simpson.

One thing I meant to mention was that in the 2000ad panel, it appeared that I was one of around two or so that actually still read the comic! I was actually surprised at that - knew it wasn't as popular as it once was, but thought at a con panel there might be a few more.

M.

ming

Thanks for sharing those, Mikey - some real gems there.

Link Prime

Great sketches there Mikey (outstanding Rogue by Cam), and a lovely PJ page over on the original art thread too.
A very nice haul...I'm really sorry I couldn't attend now.