Main Menu

First 3 episodes of 2000ad

Started by deathwish, 24 April, 2018, 04:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathwish

Hi all. Was wondering if anyone on this fine forum would know what the first 3 episodes of the original 200ad comic were worth in fairly good condition with all the free gifts intact.
Thanks Thwish

Fungus

Look on eBay and use your common sense.

Eamonn Clarke

This was posted in the classified forum in 2009:

2000 AD comics

Prog 1 £100 - no spinner
Prog 2 £100 - no biotronic stickers
Prog 3 £50 - no red alert wallet

Progs 1-3 are worth approximately double this amount if they include their free gifts.

Prices for early progs have gone up recently, there's a middling copy of prog 2 with the stickers on eBay at the moment for £399, although no bids on it yet. So you could probably do better than the above prices now.

SIP

Quote from: Fungus on 24 April, 2018, 05:33:47 PM
Look on eBay and use your common sense.

Wow......that was needlessly unfriendly.

TordelBack

May have come across that way, but it's also the best possible advice: look at the recent market prices, and make a judgement.

SIP

Well, it's certainly what I would do, but I guess it depends on how familiar you are with eBay and it's functionality to look at sold listings.  A lot of people I meet don't have the first clue about it.

I guess it just didn't read very well after such a politely worded question from a new forum member.

Bolt-01

SIP- Deathwish first posted - about pretty much this exact thing- back in November 2010...

SIP

Ha ha, wow really?

9 posts........but just throws one in every few years to value his comics? He's in it for the long haul.

Oh, i see he's just posted in the classifieds.

BMCCOLL

Saw some of these, sans gifts, on ebay with prices ranging from the £30-£50 mark although these are sure to rise.
The complete collection WITH gifts is an eyewatering 3 grand...although payment plans are available!  :o

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-ft-JUDGE-DREDD-ULTRA-MEGA-2000AD-MEGAZINE-OTHERS-COLLECTION-GIFTS/401060566571?hash=item5d6112962b:g:PQAAAOSw7aBVFrij