Main Menu

The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast - the official podcast of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

Started by Molch-R, 22 January, 2015, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

Chris sims AND Carlos? You are really spoiling me

(I like Chris sims comic alliance stuff)

GordonR

Quote from: Butch on 18 February, 2015, 01:50:22 PM
Quote from: wedgeski on 18 February, 2015, 01:25:17 PM
The best one yet, and the first time I've heard Ezquerra's voice!

I agree, it was a rare* treat. Amid a wealth of information and entertaining conversation, the news that John Wagner is Carlos's favourite compenetrator really stood out. That's especially remarkable, given that Carlos has compenetrated the likes of Ennis, Grant, and Mills in his time.

And how good's your conversational Spanish?

Prick.

ZenArcade

Compenetrate: to penetrate every aspect of a persons being....don't even think it is Spanish (massively subject to correction), but it is a beautiful term and judging by the closeness of the intelluctual; if not philosophical relationship between Carlos and JW, it seems apt. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Frank

Quote from: GordonR on 18 February, 2015, 09:19:47 PM
Quote from: Butch on 18 February, 2015, 01:50:22 PM
Quote from: wedgeski on 18 February, 2015, 01:25:17 PM
The best one yet, and the first time I've heard Ezquerra's voice!

I agree, it was a rare* treat. Amid a wealth of information and entertaining conversation, the news that John Wagner is Carlos's favourite compenetrator really stood out. That's especially remarkable, given that Carlos has compenetrated the likes of Ennis, Grant, and Mills in his time.

And how good's your conversational Spanish?

Prick.

You've exposed me as the only reader of 2000ad who harbours a deep hatred of Carlos Ezquerra. My tone was, of course, one of sneering contempt.

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

robert_ellis

Another great podcast. This is as much fun as reading the MegaCollection itself. Long may it continue!

oshii

Yeah, really really enjoying these and I'm pleased to hear they're going to keep going. There's a whole stack of people I'd love to hear from on there - Wagner, Grant, Ron Smith, Bolland, Mike MacMahon, Al Ewing, Gordon Rennie, Mike Carrol, Henry Flint, Rob Williams and loads more. 

The only downside is it sounds like Molch-R sounds like he's having a great time doing them, but you can't have everything.

AlexF

Finally caught up with the Thrill Cast - love it! I imagine they're quite time consuming, but I hope they continue throught the (two?) years of the partworks and then beyond...

Any chance of some Ennis on there? He's a good talker, as I recall. And Carroll, definitely Carroll.

Thanks Molch-R and the thrillcast team.

mimikeke

Fantastic, esp listening to Chris get so excited over Apoc War. Sucks living in a vacuum here in the states without anyone to obsess over the comic with.

I second Carroll.

Jamie1000013

I'd love to have a weekly podcast from you guys talking about the prog and the meg and other 2000ad news because this fortnightly one is great. Can't wait for origins and the next one to come out.

Also if any mod reads this could I become a full forum member?

Richmond Clements

QuoteAlso if any mod reads this could I become a full forum member?

Done!

Jamie1000013

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 22 February, 2015, 12:02:25 PM
QuoteAlso if any mod reads this could I become a full forum member?

Done!

Thanks a lot mate!

Is it Anderson after Origins? Has anybody read the story before is it good?

TordelBack

Quote from: Jamie1000013 on 22 February, 2015, 12:32:01 PM
Is it Anderson after Origins? Has anybody read the story before is it good?

Yes, very.  And what's more Shamballa is only one of several Ranson-drawn stories in the collection, which should make it a treat.