Main Menu

Abaddon Guy - an appreciation thread...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 10 August, 2006, 04:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Surprised this wasn't mentioned in the prog 1500 review thread, so here's a special celebratory thread for the real star of the issue:

ABADDON GUY!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/buttonman/abaddonguy.jpg">

How could you not take to this guy? But what does his expression say to you? Does it say "I'm reading some great genre fiction" or does it say "Someone's slipped a beach umbrella up my jacksie - and I like it!"

;-)

The Amstor Computer

Bugger - missed that. That'll teach me to skimread so much. Still, I reckon Abaddon Guy deserves his own thread - and perhaps even his own strip...

Rex Banner

Should be getting 'Culled' in the post tomorrow. Just need to find a pool, sunglasses & a beach umbrella . . .

The Amstor Computer

Heh - grab a digi-cam as well & we could have "Adventures of Abaddon Guy - The Photo-Strip" ;-)

Wils

My favourite piece of advertising so far is:

"Abaddon have given me a sum of money to say something nice about some books I'm never likely to read" - Clive Barker

Floyd-the-k

What a guy!  I think he's just learned how to spell

TordelBack

That's clearly Harry Exton, you fools.  He's just received dertails his next contest  from his Voice, concealed in the pages of a trashy novel slipped to him by an attractive dentist's wife... and it's to take place in an exlcusive girl's finishing school in the Tirol.  With sexy results.

TordelBack

My Dok, but I should have proofed that last post... Apologies to the punctuation/spelling/grammar/decency police.

GeorgeBernardShaw

You're excused, Mr Tordelback. I understood your amusing post perfectly. In any event, excessive devotion to spelling merely shews pedantry.
  I wonder if 'Abbadon Guy' is so happy because, judging by the cover, the book he is holding has only one letter to a page.

davidbishop

Oi, TordelBack - no! Don't be nicking the plot of my Nikolai Dante novel The Strangelove Experiment. That's exclusive girls' finishing school is mine, I tell you. All mine.

paulvonscott

I find Abaddon guy to be more an inspirational, or perhaps that should be aspirational, figure.  Ceryainly he seems to have whatever I'm lacking in my life, so perhaps if I tried to be more like him by buying these books, I may move closer towards this ideal state of being.

He obviously lives a life we can only dream of relaxing by some exotic hotel's swimming pool reading pulp fiction, he's a proper man with bulging biceps and a manly chest, has barely receding hair and that mona lisa-like enigmatic look.  Is he excited, has he been surprised from below, could he perhaps be having some sort of divine revelation inducing seizure?  We may never know.

If someone could get some badges made of him, I'd like to show my appreciation of this top bloke.

Floyd-the-k

PVs, I call on you to buy a lilo and spend every Sunday afternoon lying on it reading pulp fiction.  I'd do the same only it's freezing here and my manly chest would turn blue

Satanist

That's clearly the expression of someone who's shit hot acid has just kicked in.

"Like, this book man, check out the trails duuuuuude!"

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Emperor

Hidden behind the upper right corner of "A Kind of Peace" is Clive Barker giving him head grasping, in his free hand, half a dozen crumpled fivers.

The page of the book he is reading says "Don't look now but there is a gang of pirate zombies about to..." which is truncated by the gloat hole Abaddon Guy has cut through the book in order to watch Clive Barker debasing himself.

That'll teach the numpty for not buying "The Culled" and instead taking the free sampler along for his summer pool side reading material!!

I'll put in an advanced order for 3 AG badges please. If anyone wants to do write a book called "The Adventures of Abaddon Guy" (about how he uses his shades to kick zombie ass, defeat the Stukas and then sail the ghost ship into the exploding letter A thus saving the world from the Attack of the Alphabeticals) then I'll buy a copy.

He has to be modelled on someone surely ("Hey Dave fancy coming around to the backgarden I've a deadline to meet") we should try and find him and get him to turn up at comic conventions and do signings.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+