Main Menu

Lack of love for the bundled "floppies"?

Started by sheldipez, 18 December, 2012, 12:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

never mind a floppie back issue I wants the new stuff!
DDT did a job on me

Theblazeuk

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 27 November, 2014, 02:30:54 PM
Quote from: James Stacey on 27 November, 2014, 01:58:09 PM
Lilly Mackenzie ?
Actualy I Was talking to Mr.Fraser on deviantart recently and he said he jntends to continue to second series soon and will hopefully get both stories collected in a trade by....someone.

Like a certain someone who collected Numbercruncher and Ordinary?

Judge Nutmeg

keep them in I say, it's probably the only way some of the titles will be reprinted although there has'nt been many i have cared for. I'd like to see brigand doom and luke kirby get reprinted. I doubt there will ever be a complete canon fodder trade paperback so i am glad of them.

WhizzBang

I am new to the magazine and I love these 'floppies'. I like it that they are one or more complete stories nicely collected and the ones I have found have all been stuff that is new to me. Is there anyway to get hold of back issues of these 'floppies'? I have tried looking on eBay for them but not found anything.

There is a fairly up to date list of them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dredd_Megazine#Supplements

I would love to get them all.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 29 November, 2014, 10:08:24 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 27 November, 2014, 02:30:54 PM
Quote from: James Stacey on 27 November, 2014, 01:58:09 PM
Lilly Mackenzie ?
Actualy I Was talking to Mr.Fraser on deviantart recently and he said he jntends to continue to second series soon and will hopefully get both stories collected in a trade by....someone.

Like a certain someone who collected Numbercruncher and Ordinary?
Considering the work Mr.Fraser has done for Titan recently i'd say it's the best bet. Plus, as you point out, it's the stommping ground for collected editions of Meg Creator Owned material.

QuickQuag

I'd like to add my voice to the argument for finishing off partially-floppied sagas!

The CalHab floppy just landed here in NZ (we missed it for the referendum but it made it here via surface mail just in time for St Andrew's Day!) and, well, it ends just as things get a little more interesting (YMMV of course.)

Will there be any more, or was that subject to the Yes or No vote as well?  ;)
The views above are entirely my own. And there's the problem.

The Monarch

Ohhh boy calhab justice that series started off sonwell...

Tjm86

Quote from: WhizzBang on 30 November, 2014, 09:02:46 AM
I am new to the magazine and I love these 'floppies'. I like it that they are one or more complete stories nicely collected and the ones I have found have all been stuff that is new to me. Is there anyway to get hold of back issues of these 'floppies'? I have tried looking on eBay for them but not found anything.

There is a fairly up to date list of them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dredd_Megazine#Supplements

I would love to get them all.

I've got a track going begging.  Not all but a lot of them.  No use to me as my collection is complete.

sheridan

Keef Monkey

I enjoy the floppies personally - true, some months are better than others and there have been some I haven't enjoyed at all, but I've always been glad to have had the chance to revisit that stuff.

I read digitally so even if it's a month I don't like it's not like it's taking up any physical space or anything, can't really see any argument against them that makes sense to be honest (particularly if they're not adding to the cost of the Meg in any significant way).

Theblazeuk

I'd like to add another vote to sequel-floppies for previously flopped thrills.

Magnetica

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 29 January, 2015, 02:26:15 PM
I enjoy the floppies personally - true, some months are better than others and there have been some I haven't enjoyed at all, but I've always been glad to have had the chance to revisit that stuff.

I read digitally so even if it's a month I don't like it's not like it's taking up any physical space or anything, can't really see any argument against them that makes sense to be honest (particularly if they're not adding to the cost of the Meg in any significant way).

Hmmm..I was always thought they did add to the cost. I seem to remember the Meg went up in price when they started. I almost never read them these days as I just don't have the time and I think it is right to say in all the time they have been doing them only once or twice did it feature something I haven't read before - but that goes hand in hand with being a long time reader :)

Fungus

Yes, they clearly add to the cover price. I remain in the "graceful exit" camp, but judging from comments that may be the minority and it continues to make sense for Rebellion.

And just wanted to say that for perhaps the 3rd time only, I enjoyed the floppy tonight (titter ye not). Red Fang rattled along and looked great. More Steve Moore, if possible...

IndigoPrime

Most of the cost in a publication like the Meg is in the production, not the printing. Get rid of the floppy and the cover price might be able to drop a bit, but it wouldn't be by much, but the effective page count per month would have been knifed.