Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR. ELIMINATOR

When do they release the box office for this weekend? Next weekend or Monday?

PreacherCain

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 09 September, 2012, 12:14:30 AM
When do they release the box office for this weekend? Next weekend or Monday?

Monday, I think.

Noisybast

Well, that was bloody brilliant! Favourite reference: "Sink or swim".
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

MattJW

Quote from: NSFTM on 08 September, 2012, 11:38:48 PM
my mate went to see it last night he said it was pretty packed at the Metrocentre.. i went again this afternoon and there was about 60-70 people in the screen. the cinema as a whole seemed quiet this might be because it was sunny in Newcastle for the first time since 1986..

Even for very popular mainstream movies, I recall very few 'packed' auditoriums over the last few years. It could be down to there being so many cinemas with multiple screenings of the same film. Only 'Orange Wednesdays' stand out as being particularly busy nowadays......

Danbo

Thats a good point,cinemas were small town flea pits when I were a lad,easy to fill and they were less around.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

judda fett

Got to say im quietly optomistic for dredd. Decent turnouts thus far and mad positive reviews.

Toni Scandella

There were only about four people at my showing in the Trafford Centre on Friday at 4:50 - the rest of the cinema was also empty, I have to say - never been to a screening at that time before so maybe that's not that unusual, especially given the decent weather and the England match?

Apestrife

So basicly Dredd3D is Robocop2 minus the giant cyborg and some other stuff  ;)

Richmond Clements

Quote from: MattJW on 09 September, 2012, 02:55:29 AM
Quote from: NSFTM on 08 September, 2012, 11:38:48 PM
my mate went to see it last night he said it was pretty packed at the Metrocentre.. i went again this afternoon and there was about 60-70 people in the screen. the cinema as a whole seemed quiet this might be because it was sunny in Newcastle for the first time since 1986..

Even for very popular mainstream movies, I recall very few 'packed' auditoriums over the last few years. It could be down to there being so many cinemas with multiple screenings of the same film. Only 'Orange Wednesdays' stand out as being particularly busy nowadays......
This is true. When I went to see The Avengers, there were only 30 or 40 people in the cinema, and I believe it did okay...

SmallBlueThing

There were 15 in for the 7:15 performance on friday night- i counted them out. The next showing, at 9, had fourteen of us in it.

But i got a nice two for one voucher, so am going to go again with my wife and see if word's getting about. I did think about smuggling my seven and nine year old in, if it's very quiet midweek- brave is showing next door and the screens are mostly automated now. The staff i encountered on friday night would have had difficulty wiping their own arses without instructions, so i reckon id get the kids in easy.

SBT

Michaelvk

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 09 September, 2012, 09:58:49 AM
There were 15 in for the 7:15 performance on friday night- i counted them out. The next showing, at 9, had fourteen of us in it.

But i got a nice two for one voucher, so am going to go again with my wife and see if word's getting about. I did think about smuggling my seven and nine year old in, if it's very quiet midweek- brave is showing next door and the screens are mostly automated now. The staff i encountered on friday night would have had difficulty wiping their own arses without instructions, so i reckon id get the kids in easy.

SBT

I'm taking it that you enjoyed it then?
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

SmallBlueThing

To be honest michael, no l not really, as i suspected i wouldnt. But i want to support it and get a sequel, so it doesnt matter what i thought- there's time for all that later. I reckon my wife will like it, as she enjoys this type of thing more than me! The music was fantastic though, and i'll be buying the soundtrack. I'll be interested to see if my opinions change second time around around, as well.

I very much want another one- so i think even if you dislike it, you owe it to tharg to see it twice! Everyone's in celebratory mood right now, so let's dwell on that instead.

It would be great to get the kids in- there's nothing in Dredd that's too inappropriate, except a bit of language. But of course i wont- that was a dreamy fan-dad joke, more's the pity.

SBT

hippynumber1

Quote from: Noisybast on 09 September, 2012, 01:44:30 AM
Well, that was bloody brilliant! Favourite reference: "Sink or swim".

I liked "It's all the deep end."  :o

MR. ELIMINATOR

I wonder what Anderson was going to say before she got cut off. The 'there's something more' bit.