Main Menu

Vote for DREDD at the EMPIRE awards

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 01 March, 2013, 11:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Goaty

Here full information from EmpireOnline;

THE ART OF 3D presented by RealD

Mariella Frostrupp is presenting this one, sadly not while wearing a blue-and-red suit, and describes 3D as "possibly the biggest innovation since the invention of the talkie". Discuss in no more than 500 words; 10 marks.

And the winner is DREDD, hurrah! It's about time The Law got a break. Anthony Dod Mantle's work on that was astonishingly impressive – the best-looking drug trip we've seen since we [redacted by Empire's lawyers]. Here to collect are producers Andrew Macdonald and Allon Reich, with co-star Domnhall Gleeson.

"They just told me to come up, and they didn't even give me a name in the movie. I was just fuckin' Techie. But it did look very pretty," grins Gleeson.

Nice one, Gleeson!

Fisticuffs

Hahaha, excellent news and a very funny quip from Gleeson. :D

Frank

I don't suppose the prize is 70 million dollars?

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

JUDGE BURNS

Great news from the Empire Awards. Fantastic. :D

Mabs

Great news! And a deserved win too!  :thumbsup:
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

COMMANDO FORCES

DKCX

Great to hear, kind of proud that I got the ball rolling on this and especially to Burdis kept the campaign going.
At least Dredd got its recognition.

Steve Green

Quote from: Goaty on 24 March, 2013, 07:55:06 PM
Here full information from EmpireOnline;

THE ART OF 3D presented by RealD

Mariella Frostrupp is presenting this one, sadly not while wearing a blue-and-red suit, and describes 3D as "possibly the biggest innovation since the invention of the talkie". Discuss in no more than 500 words; 10 marks.

And the winner is DREDD, hurrah! It's about time The Law got a break. Anthony Dod Mantle's work on that was astonishingly impressive – the best-looking drug trip we've seen since we [redacted by Empire's lawyers]. Here to collect are producers Andrew Macdonald and Allon Reich, with co-star Domnhall Gleeson.

"They just told me to come up, and they didn't even give me a name in the movie. I was just fuckin' Techie. But it did look very pretty," grins Gleeson.

Nice one, Gleeson!

That's unfair - he had a first name.

Clan.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Beadle68

At last some recognition for the excellent film work that went into this movie. :thumbsup:

shaolin_monkey

Just watched it again uninterrupted on my 3D telly (have I mentioned that before?) and it still seems fresh and awesome.  This is such a well deserved award - the 3D is gret in so many places, not just the obvious slo-mo scenes, such as:
Cityscape
Lawmaster zooming at you between vehicles
Bad Judges in a row on the Undersked
Every single person falling
Incendiary
Looking through glass and reflections
Extreme close-ups
Freaky psychic interrogation
Just about any smoke
The slo-mo factory - loads of perspective fun
Etc etc

I think the film actually works better on a 3D TV - a nice crisp image, no ghosting etc.

Brilliant, just brilliant.  A veritable visual feast!

MR. ELIMINATOR

It's cool that dredd got some recognition, but dredd deserved more then such a sideline award. empire only gave dredd 3 of their precious stars so they obviously don't know what they're talking. jive mothers

junox