Main Menu

Nikolai Dante The Great Game

Started by Colin YNWA, 02 November, 2009, 09:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I've been really enjoying reading the early Dante stories for the first time. Its been an absolute treat from the off. Since 'The Gulag Apocalyptic' I've enjoyed the darker tone the series has taken, while still being a delightful breeze to read. Up to now I'd been reluctant to come here and say how much I'm enjoying it as I doubt I'd be saying anything new (ahem) but 'The Great Game' has brought me out of my Dante reviewing shell. Not simply because it was brillant, which it quite clearly was, but because Valentine Romanov is such a delicious villian. Loved him. Such a shame he had to met such a final fate.

Superb, really superb. I'm already looking forward to going back and reading all of Dante in one go when I finally get through reading the Progs from my Wilderness Years, its rapidly shooting up my all time favourites list.

Mike Gloady

HURRAY!  Another one of US, another less of THEM.

Valentin is BRILLIANT, keep us updated on your thoughts as you continue the read through, Colin.  Be interesting what you think.  If Dante had just been published in the 400s I doubt anyone would be questinoing Dante's "classic" status.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever