Main Menu

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Started by TordelBack, 23 January, 2017, 04:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Necro!... possibly a lot less wise then my previous as there's bad blood here abouts, but hey I did it for the others so I'll do it here.

After watching both Solo and Rogue One again and enjoying both more than I remembered I was a little worried coming back to Last Jedi that I wouldn't like it as much as I had... well needn't have worried it remains BRILLIANT.

Just a great movie. Okay, okay some of the humour is a little too much and misplaced at times, but it adds a nice balance. After all its all about balance this one. Well balance and letting go the past, while huggin' it. It also helps remind us that its a kids movie and should be enjoyed on that level as well as for its craft.

I genuinely don't get the beef some folks have. I promise I'm not saying that just to ruffle feathers, I just don't - doesn't matter that I don't - I just find it fascinating.

I think its a great end for Luke, perfectly in keeping with his character and development there of.

The Rey's parents reveal is magnificent.

Snoke role is position is perfect.

I get why they didn't tell folks about the plan

Canto Bight stuff is relevent and adds texture and develops ideas

etc etc

Its thrilling, exciting, shows progress and development from what's gone before - while not being utterly beholden to it. Its just a good movie beginning to end... even if you could argue it has one end too many, I was happy to stick around!

So yeah made the call this is all going so well I'm going to give Force Awakens another go... don't hold out much hope - new or otherwise - but I'm in such a good Star Wars place right now it will do one of two things.

1) Allow me to enjoy that movie for the first time
2) Bring me back down to earth and reset my expectations ahead of JJ coming back in December (is it?)

Lets hold hands and find out together huh.

Mardroid

Pretty much snap for me. I really like The Last Jedi.

[spoiler]It wouldn't bother me too much if we found out that there was something important concerning Rey's parents, though. I don't think it would nullify the message of this film, that not everything is about ones heritage, and it's what we do as individuals that's important.[/spoiler]