Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 03 January, 2012, 07:52:15 AM
The culmination of a massive scojo fallout on imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1343727/board/nest/192070887?p=1

Ouch!  The best bit in that very long sequence was Goaty's "Do you think John Wagner gives a sh_t?", which had me giggling into my coffee.

Psidude

Scojo has united all true 2000ad fans, Artists, writers and the nerve centre in there dislike of his vindictive ways! the sad thing is even me writing this is feeding his twisted ego! think the best action is to blank him and leave him to rot in his brown and cream Y front all in one set! Well done to goaty very funny! :)

Goaty

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 January, 2012, 09:13:39 AM
Ouch!  The best bit in that very long sequence was Goaty's "Do you think John Wagner gives a sh_t?", which had me giggling into my coffee.

Oh should says "Do you think John Wagner gives an sh_t?"  :D

Problems is that, Scojo can still reading anythings on this forum.

Goaty

Oh thought S is part of vowel! Slow brain today!

mygrimmbrother

I followed that link and had to read the whole thing, in the same way you wouldn't be able to tear your eyes away from a slow-motion car crash resulting in several fatalities. Ouch.

COMMANDO FORCES

I had a look at the Christmas issue of Empire and took a pic of what it said about Dredd, I wasn't gonna pay for a couple of paragraphs. Anyway it actually makes a change to see a positive piece and here it is -

QuoteJudge Dredd is without doubt the greatest British comic-book creation, and yet there's only been one movie. The Stallone one. Which was, as a citizen of Mega-City One might put it, utter stomm.

"I'm very aware of how film has fucked over comic-book creators in the past." says Alex Garland, writer and co-producer of this latest version. Keen to get it right, he and producers Andrew MacDonald and Allon Reich included Dredd creator John Wagner in the creative process. "We wanted to be sure we listened to him, that we understood what it was that we needed to protect."

The result promises to be a raw, stripped-down take, with Karl Urban a lither, less compromising (and compromised) Dredd than Sly's. Not that there's anything slight about this; the shoot wrapped in February 2011, and the film is still in VFX-heavy post. The hope remains it will prove that rare thing: a true Brit blockbuster. It was even shot in 3D, with Oscar-winning DP Anthony Dod Mantle intriguingly experimenting with the format: using negative space, emphasising facial close-ups, he tells Empire on set. "It becomes a weird landscape when you get up relly close..."

dracula1

Just  did a small wee in me y-fronts with excitement reading this.  :D

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

The VFX company looks promising. Heres one of their many showreels.

http://www.primefocusworld.com/work/showreels/rd-showreel
Never rub another mans rhubarb

JOE SOAP

There's several FX companies involved including the Mill.

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 06 January, 2012, 09:13:16 PM
There's several FX companies involved including the Mill.

You mean the same The Mill vfx company that worked on Gladiator ?  I thought I read a few years back they had folded, or maybe it was significantly downsized, something like that...

By the way, just saw the Crumley/Hunter script you sent in the inbox, thanks again Joe :D !
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

clavell

Just finished reading that Crumley/Hunter script - thanks Joe :D

It's seems like more of a parody of Dredd than an adaptation. And as weak as it is, it wouldn't have been any worse than the Stallone one.

- C
Writing Future Shocks is hard !

maryanddavid

JOE SOAP

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 01 January, 2012, 01:50:51 AM
Quote from: SneakeeX on 01 January, 2012, 01:20:00 AM
Little write up on Empire
http://www.empireonline.com/features/2012-movie-preview/default.asp

Bad research for a start. The usual lazy mistake concerning the oft-quoted "Danny Boyle's production company DNA"; it's not his company, he doesn't own DNA nor does he have anything to do with them -or Dredd- other than he directed a few films for them before he made it to 'Hollywood'.

Quote from: maryanddavid on 09 January, 2012, 07:19:11 PM
Small metion of Dredd here, sorry if allready posted.
http://entertainment.ie.msn.com/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=160218969&page=19

QuoteThe involvement of producer Danny Boyle

Again the same old copy & paste routine with wrong info, lazy fucks.

blackmocco

Io9 seem relatively excited. Dredd's on their list of sci-fi movies to watch out for in 2012:

"Dredd (Sept. 21)
Mega City One's greatest lawman finally gets a serious film, with Karl Urban as a Dredd who never takes his helmet off. Sarah Connor and Cersei Lannister, aka Lena Headey, is the villain.
Outlook: The draft script was fun but nothing special. But the look of the film is picture-perfect, and script drafts can change."
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Cactus

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 03 January, 2012, 07:52:15 AM
The culmination of a massive scojo fallout on imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1343727/board/nest/192070887?p=1

I actually quite like the 'Fargo's son' idea. Does that make me a bad person?  :-\
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!