Main Menu

Twin Peaks - question from someone trying to avoid spoilers

Started by Colin YNWA, 16 September, 2017, 04:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sorry to start a new thread but I'm avoiding the 'Gum Style' thread so as to avoid spoilers for the the new Twin Peaks. Suspect my question is well covered there but hope you understand.

Anyway very much looking forward to the DVD release of the new Twin Peaks, but been trying to stay away from too much info to be spoiler free. Very much been thinking about watching the old stuff in prep. Then as luck would have it when pottering with the boy today stumbles across the Gold Edition of the complete old stuff for less than a tenner in a charity shop. Snapped it up, after all I'm sure Mrs YNWA will be up for a re-watch.

So my question - it doesn't contain 'Fire Walk With Me' as I hoped it might (really like that movie, though I've not seen it for a while). So folks who've seen season three am I right in suspecting, as I've heard vague mumbling, that a re-watch if FWWM is a good idea as well as walking the first two seasons?

Is there a viewing order to Twin Peaks... might investigate that!

Richard

I don't think FWWM is relevant. Just plunge straight into the new series.

Professor Bear

I have seen exactly none of Twin Peaks ever, but one of my brothers is a big fan and he had Opinions on the third series that for some reason he felt would interest me.  His supposition was in error.
The general thrust of what he was saying, though, was that fans are/were outraged because somewhere in the third season, FWWM became relevant in some way.

JOE SOAP

Yes, FIre Walk With Me is very relevant throughout Season Three as the latter contains important callbacks and references to multiple story elements only contained in the film - especially the very end of both. Some of the feature length cut of unused scenes - The Missing Pieces - is also relevant as a companion to the film.

Colin YNWA

Thanks folks. Might explain why when I tripped along to e-mail to pick up a copy all of a sudden (I assume) its selling for daft money.

Dammnit! Why isn't this a fiver. I bet its been a fiver for the last 15 years or more!

Mattofthespurs

Criterion doing the business on it has elevate the price considerably.