Main Menu

...NEW DOCTOR WHO TONIGHT, 16/4/05, ALIENS OF LONDON...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 16 April, 2005, 01:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

...here we go again the official Dr Who 2000ad discussion thread, so what did you think of this weeks episode, and what about the cliffhanger?...

The Monarch

Well don't want to be a foward thinker but with next weeks title being World war three...

Buddy

I, of course, will not be watching...

Leigh S

Ump - we get it already!

Honestly, you're missing a treat, but I'm sure the Beeb will be appropriately miffed at your protest! :)

Quirkafleeg

Bah, spoilertastic preview in the Guardian!

Carlsborg Expert

Cannot wait to see reactions to big Ben getting it!

Carlsborg Expert

When are they going to the Carribean?

The Amstor Computer

Not quite as good as last week, but great fun.

But which fucking idiot thought that showing a trailer that *featured every damn character surviving* was the best way to maintain suspense? Completely knackers suspension of disbelief...

paulvonscott

Well, Dr Who is an unparalelled joy for me.

I really enjoyed this, so many moments of pure fun, I can overlook any faults.

This was the first episode where Ecclestons manic grinning actually entertained as opposed to put me off.

Fabbo.

The Amstor Computer

What was good:

The Slitheen
The fake pig alien
Most of the performances
UNIT
The SFX

What wasn't so good:

The overuse of the fart gag. Cut back a bit & it would have been amusing, but not ridiculous
Some of the alien model effects (a couple of Slitheen shots showed the suits up *as* suits)
The arse-head who decided to run that trailer

dgsub

Good in general but aliens a little bit cheesy no I lie mega cheesy.Good to see it in more than one episode to build up suspense.Coming back to the aliens how could one pig make such a noise but the pig is a personal favourite.The silveens looked like rancor`s crossed with a giraffe.

The Amstor Computer

Heh - Pig-Alien is going to be a personal fave for a while, and the Doctor's angry reaction when he realised what it was was nicely done. The CGI Slitheen in the trailer look pretty well-handled, and I'll look forward to seeing them in action.

(Aarrggh... that trailer! All the direction and build-up to put all of the main characters in peril, buggered :-( )

Carlsborg Expert

I thought the fart gag was interminabley composed to become more and more sinister.

Until it was no longer a joke.

More an invasive prodding into the nerves.

And then the line.....

Silent but..

paulvonscott

One of my favourite bits was where the doctor told his sonic screwdriver to shush.  It was amoment of real childish glee for me.

dgsub