Main Menu

question about Necropolis *spoilers*

Started by Judge LUKE, 13 October, 2003, 04:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge LUKE

The part were Dredd takes the long walk. It is him that you see a full mugshot of right(his entire face)? When he comes back to Mega city One his face has...well been decayed somewhat. How does he get back his normal face after that?! How old is Dredd now, 50-60?? Another question: what happend to Judge Hershey?
I dont live in a country where they sell Dredd, and im not so very good at English. But i would be very happy to get some answers on this....

Woolly

Hmmm... not entirely sure how Dredd got his face back, as it was only rumoured at in the stories.
Chances are that he had a re-juve job, but i guess it could have been done with a face-change machine as well.

Hershey has become Chief Judge, i dont want to comment on Dredd's age as it may start a thread war!

An official age, Logan?

Woolly

Judge LUKE

Bolt-01

I seem to remember a re-juve job, but it was gradual. Dredd had his 'dead man' face for a while. Which is nice for continuity reasons.

Welcome to the board Luke, Where do you come from?

Rotts ('cause DD isn't about)

Richmond Clements

I loved the way the 'Dead Man' face just gradually went away.

W. R. Logan

Dredd had a rejuve job and as for an official age, well depends.

Cloned in 2066 and 'born' aged 5, so 2066 the birth date and also his 5th birthday.
So been alive for 59 years but physical age 64. Take into account the various surgeries and the rejuve job and your guess is as good as mine. Even John is very vague on Dredd?s age.
As with calling the comic 2000AD and not expecting it to last more than a few years, the idea of Dredd?s world being constantly set 122 years ahead of us didn?t seem a problem back in 1976.

La Placa Rifa,
http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/>W. R. Logan.

http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/images/Co79_logo.gif>

malkymac

There were several episodes in which his facial reconstruction is referred to; in one of them another judge says something like "see you got your nose back!". There were plenty of episodes where he still had the dead man face after returning to the big meg.

Woolly

I liked the Dead Man face, he should have kept it for longer to put 'the fear' into the cits.

Although, on the other hand, it did make him look a bit like a prune!

Devons Daddy

JUDGE LUKE
welcome.

to the finest and one of the most friendly places on the WWW.
where do you live then?
for someone who does not speak so very good english your spelling is far better then mine :~)

jion us here as often as you are able.for an icon follow the link.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?choice=fan&page=help" target="_blank">like to have an icon? follow me big boy.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Woolly

Thread Zero

He underwent an extensive series of 'regen' therapy (presumably, some sort of tissue regeneration process) in the Necropolis aftermath stories, gradually becoming less cadaverous until he'd completely healed at the beginning of 'Death Aid', about six months later.

Judge Hershey is currently the Chief Judge of Mega-City One.

Judge LUKE

Im live in Sweden. But im Half Italian. Were can I find good Dredd magazines (in Direct connect for example or programs like that)? Since they dont sell Dredd here its quite hard to find anything. I would love to read the time after necropolis :)

Judge LUKE

Oh! and another thing. Didnt we see Dredds eyes/face in the begining of Necropolis(cant remember)???  I didnt like that...its more of a mistery if you dont know....and I like it that way. But maybe Im the only one thiinking this way.....

Oddboy

Take out a subscription with 2000AD and the Megazine...there's a link on the top bar of this site.
Better set your phaser to stun.