Main Menu

Which 'villains' would you want to see in Dredd sequels?

Started by judgeblake, 01 August, 2012, 04:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR. ELIMINATOR

Yeah but according to lionsgate the official name is DREDD 3D. It is on IMDB and RT as well as the facebook page and all the posters and the end of the trailer. It is stupid because once they release it on dvd they are probably gonna have to get all the names changed back again. And they did start out as just 'Dredd'

JOE SOAP

The title on-screen is the only official film title. The rest is marketing.

Bat King

Joe is obviously right, the film is called what the credits roll as. Dredd.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

hazy efc

If there`s sequels and i hope there is and there will be as long as we the fans get down to to our local cinemas and pay to watch it, from what alex garland has been saying with the idea of the films being a trilogy it looks like the dark judges are a cert at some point he said the third movie is when we would probably get to see them, so that leaves the second movie you could bring back villains from the 1st movie the angel family or even rico the possibilities are really exciting, ive heard some people say you souldnt use villains from previous movies well they done that with the joker in the batman movies and it worked out great, any way all that wont nothing if we the fans dont support DREDD so lets make it happen people, ryhs ifans 4 judge cal 2nd movie haha  ;)

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Apestrife

Definitely Booth and Death. I'll try to mix some thoughts into it. The Booth one could tell the origin story (Dredd could have been cloned to become a living symbol, but Fargo lost faith in what he'd done in his last days, a thread Dredd starts to follow) and the Death could be a horror story who deals with the dangers of relying to much on legends and what not.

It's just some ideas I'm throwing -around- into it. Hope I don't come off as s Scotty wannabe writing this, since it's his job to make Wagner and Garland realise that a perfect adaption would have hovering cars and vehicles with CGI-weapons on them ;)

Second movie: Robert L. Booth and Total War.

The democratic march being brutaly struck down with Dredd feeling remorse afterwards. When it's portrayed as a success democrats starts to look for Robert L Booth in the wasteland, in hopes to re-instate him.
Dredd is ordered to assassinate Booth, and sees it himself as a favour for the democrats not to be lead by a creep like Booth.

Third movie: Judge Death & C/o

Dredd having assassinated Booth in some cool way returns to MC1. There he works the system towards something that could lead to something better, which in a sense means towards democracy. At the same time a psi judge doesn't agree with Dredd. Feeling that Dredd has betrayed everyone.
He then comes into contact with Slomo and starts a mass-halicunation(Slomo upping his brain powarz). His idolisation of the "old Dredd" leads him to "become" Judge Death in peoples eyes. Since he wants to judge Dredd for his failings in protecting the system, he sees the system everywhere and in everyone. And everyone must die.

He also makes people halicunate Judge Fire (people see him when they start fires/he makes people start fires), Judge Fear scares people to jump off ledges and kill each other and Jugde Decay can be seen standing besides dead bodies and looking over them.

Dredd then uses ass kicking and Anderson her psi powers cranked up to 11 to seattle the deal. It ends well with just a couple of millions dead, Dredd stands as a reminder that people can be mislead into doing bad stuff. And himself he reminds everyone that building a new system could be more dangerous than destroying one.

Dredd then rides his motorbike into the sunset to the sound of Motörhead - Back at the funny farm. (Of all things, that's the one thing I'd like to see the most  :D)

Buddy

Spaceghost

Quote from: Borntohula on 21 August, 2012, 08:32:35 AM
Definitely Booth and Death. I'll try to mix some thoughts into it. The Booth one could tell the origin story (Dredd could have been cloned to become a living symbol, but Fargo lost faith in what he'd done in his last days, a thread Dredd starts to follow) and the Death could be a horror story who deals with the dangers of relying to much on legends and what not.

It's just some ideas I'm throwing -around- into it. Hope I don't come off as s Scotty wannabe writing this, since it's his job to make Wagner and Garland realise that a perfect adaption would have hovering cars and vehicles with CGI-weapons on them ;)

The democratic march being brutaly struck down with Dredd feeling remorse afterwards. When it's portrayed as a success democrats starts to look for Robert L Booth in the wasteland, in hopes to re-instate him.
Dredd is ordered to assassinate Booth, and sees it himself as a favour for the democrats not to be lead by a creep like Booth.

Dredd having assassinated Booth in some cool way returns to MC1. There he works the system towards something that could lead to something better, which in a sense means towards democracy. At the same time a psi judge doesn't agree with Dredd. Feeling that Dredd has betrayed everyone.
He then comes into contact with Slomo and starts a mass-halicunation(Slomo upping his brain powarz). His idolisation of the "old Dredd" leads him to "become" Judge Death in peoples eyes. Since he wants to judge Dredd for his failings in protecting the system, he sees the system everywhere and in everyone. And everyone must die.

He also makes people halicunate Judge Fire (people see him when they start fires/he makes people start fires), Judge Fear scares people to jump off ledges and kill each other and Jugde Decay can be seen standing besides dead bodies and looking over them.

Dredd then uses ass kicking and Anderson her psi powers cranked up to 11 to seattle the deal. It ends well with just a couple of millions dead, Dredd stands as a reminder that people can be mislead into doing bad stuff. And himself he reminds everyone that building a new system could be more dangerous than destroying one.

Dredd then rides his motorbike into the sunset to the sound of Motörhead - Back at the funny farm. (Of all things, that's the one thing I'd like to see the most  :D)

..................erm.................OK...................you'd best get this gold to Alex Garland quickly before someone beats you to it.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Definitely Not Mister Pops

P.J Maybe.

The interesting thing about P.J Maybe, in the context of a movie, is that he changes his face all the time. It's part of (adult) P.J's M.O. SO there could be several actors all playing the same part. They would all have to collaborate in order to portray a consistent character. That would be a challenge.
You may quote me on that.

Apestrife

Quote from: Lee Bates on 21 August, 2012, 02:01:18 PM
Quote from: Borntohula on 21 August, 2012, 08:32:35 AM

..................erm.................OK...................you'd best get this gold to Alex Garland quickly before someone beats you to it.

Thanks Bates. I was mostly just thinking about what stories I'd want to see as movies, and a mix of Necropolis and Origins came to mind.

I think the cursed earth/origins could make good use of some of the democracy timeline. I'd simply love Dredd having remorse over getting a letter from a kid that died because of the democracy march, and then atone by killing Booth.

The reason to kill Booth came from that I read a piece about America, where a former activist wrote that she really wanted total war to be "better", and that could be a cool angle to give Dredd: Not entirely helping Total war gaining power, but at least making them a bit better by not getting help from a tyrant. I often feel the same when leftists(consider this, that more or less everyone is a leftis in Sweden ;) ) make use of names of bad names to put weight into what they say.

And the hallucinations of Judge Death & co could play quite well into tying the SloMo-case and Dredd's remorse together I think.

Not going to far with sewing everything together, but instead giving it consequences. I really think for example Decay watching over dead bodies like an angel and people being ruled by fire to turn the city ablaze could host quite some 80's Carpenter style thriller/scary movie punch. A dark night with a great piece of the city lit by fire.

The hallucinations could be very hypnotic like those in Batman begins instead of "boogie man" alike, and which would go well with the 3D stuff.

Maybe I'll write something together and post it to 2000ad. I won't give it any hopes on going anywhere, but it can't hurt can it :) Well if I'd get to hear Motörhead - funny farm in a Dredd movie I'd die on the spot, but at least because of awesome happiness.

Apestrife

Quote from: pops1983 on 21 August, 2012, 08:16:08 PM
P.J Maybe.

The interesting thing about P.J Maybe, in the context of a movie, is that he changes his face all the time. It's part of (adult) P.J's M.O. SO there could be several actors all playing the same part. They would all have to collaborate in order to portray a consistent character. That would be a challenge.

He could be a cool "thing" running in the background. Either someone people is quick to call out if for example someone died (bit like Killroy was here) or just having constant news about a killer who seems to go without a face called "given the name/alias PJ Maybe"(like John Doe).

Apestrife

Quote from: Buddy on 21 August, 2012, 01:26:36 PM
Jugde Decay... not familiar with that one....

No of course, it's Judge Mortis. My bad.