Main Menu

Comics for the boys in Afghanistan

Started by locustsofdeath!, 31 January, 2010, 12:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willthemightyW

Just found this thread, what a good thing to do! And now it makes sense as to why the stuff you sent me ended up in Afghanistan! I'll see if I can help. :)
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Kerrin

Locust, has Adrene had any feedback on what her service buddies think of the old progs?

Glad to hear they've snapped up.

locustsofdeath!

Kerrin - Adrene only mentioned that her friend Christine, who collects comics, was thrilled with them. Adrene herself out of boredom read a few and begrudgingly admitted that they were "better than she thought they would be" ha ha.

I'll post pictures here shortly. Been lazy about that.

Cyberleader2000

this is such a great and nice Ider if I had any to spare I would donate some as well but I only have my progs and I have yet to read most of them
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

locustsofdeath!

That's all right Cyberleader - it's the thought that counts. I also should mention that she leaves Bagram on the 6th of March; as mail usually takes about 10 days to get to her I figure the last packages will need to be sent round the middle of February. So about a month left for this - and hopefully never again.

Greg M.

locusts, I have SO many Marvel comics (hundreds!) that are just taking up space in my house and are unlikely to get read again. This seems a decent use for them. Will get in touch and try and arrange something.

locustsofdeath!

Worldshown graciously donated several case files and a robo hunter collection, as well as a stack of Star Wars comics! Cheers for that Worldshown - your comics, and the ones sbt sent, will be posted tomorrow!

Van Dom

Like Greg, I have boxes and boxes of Marvel Comics up in the attic which it is very unlikely I will ever read again (cough Spiderman Clone Saga cough) BUT I am absolutely crap at parting with things I spent money on!!! Bit of a hoarder me! Still, when I get home I will get the boxes down and try to convince myself that I really dont need them anymore!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Professor Bear

I too am using Matt's altruism to get rid of stacks of comics doing nowt but taking up space, and the minute the US military starts accepting consignments of PS2 games and dvds my living room will be getting a lot more tidy.

locustsofdeath!

Right guys, the cutoff for this will be February 23rd - she's due to leave Assghanistan between the 6th-11th so mailing anything to her after the 23rd isn't guaranteed to get to her before she's on her way home.

Van Dom, no need to send anything you may regret. Comics can be scribbled on with crayons by your sprogs (or you...) or paperbacks can have ripped or missing covers. It doesn't matter the condition!

Prof, no need for those PS2 games or DVDs just yet  :D!

locustsofdeath!

One of you lovely lads sent a stack of Meg GNs - you didn't put a name on the package, so thank you whoever you are!

locustsofdeath!

maryanddavid sent a nice little stack of comics! I'll have those forwarded Saturday! Cheers!

locustsofdeath!

Just to let everyone know, and last comics will need to go out Saturday the 12th; the packages take 1-2 weeks to get to Afghanistan, and then my wife will spend her last two weeks there out-processing to come home!!! We're at about five weeks for her return now!

Thanks to all who have helped out - I plan to force her (yeah right, she's a war vet twice now, ha ha) post a thanks here!!!

locustsofdeath!

All right, my last haul is on Saturday so we're all done with the project now!!! Thanks to all of the fellows who pitched in - it was a great and much appreciated gesture and I just can't tell you how thankful I am that you made this whole thing worthwhile. That said, I hope I never have to organize it again! Cheers!!!

So if you had comics or books to send but didn't get a chance to put them in the post - no worries at this point, and I thank you for the thoughts!