Main Menu

EAGLE PAD! New Official DREDD Photo (2011-07-16)

Started by CraveNoir, 16 July, 2011, 10:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

I know. I dislike when people mouth-off when they believe a story is just black 'n white. We weren't there...we don't know.

COMMANDO FORCES

You tell him Joe. He posted a pic of Dredd a while back and he had only 5, yes FIVE links in the chain, so what does he know  :lol:

Michaelvk

Quote from: PJM on 05 August, 2011, 06:22:56 PM
maybe if you hadn't broken your NDA by posting stuff online you might have got a mention?

Yes, well, when one of the producers comes up to you and says "good job, keep it up" you don't expect things to turn out the way they did. Said producer, and many of the crew, were more livid about it than I was. But what can you do, eh?

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

The Sherman Kid

Good job Michael finished work on the improved heatseeker bullet, should reach the little sucker a week Tuesday,  :D

JOE SOAP

Beaky Smoochies

Hey Michaelvk, so it was YOU that released that Lawmaster pic earlier this year!?  If not, what exactly did you release that got you in trouble, were you fired from the movie or what, I must've missed that bit on the forum here...?
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 19 August, 2011, 04:46:48 AM
Hey Michaelvk, so it was YOU that released that Lawmaster pic earlier this year!? 

No it wasn't, Mick showed these helms and a shot of two Lawgivers:

Steve Green

The Lawmaster pic came out a couple of weeks after Michael had been taken off the project.

Which made a bit of a nonsense of the whole 'keeping things secret' song and dance, since he'd only shown stuff that had already been made public in the first photo, and was done with the approval of his manager from what I recall.

Just some dick-swinging overkill from the backers it seems.

Fuzzed

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 19 August, 2011, 08:48:55 AM
Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 19 August, 2011, 04:46:48 AM
Hey Michaelvk, so it was YOU that released that Lawmaster pic earlier this year!? 

No it wasn't, Mick showed these helms and a shot of two Lawgivers:

I missed that photo before, and I'm glad cuz I got a new thrill now. Really, really great pic. Really.

Re Michael's job problems - got my sympathy, but at the same time, I'm not keen on badmouthing the people behind Dredd. As far as I can see, they've done so much good re Dredd that I'm crazy grateful. Not saying you shouldn't call them out when they do bad, just saying I feel torn.

Beaky Smoochies

Oh yeah, I remember the pics of the helmets and the moulds of the Lawgivers now, bingo, ta for setting me straight, sorry Michael (great work on the movie props we've seen so far, by the way!)...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Michaelvk

Just a wee recap..

First, the production company did what they did because of the pressure coming from IM Global, who are in control of the publicity of Dredd.

I had backing from one of the prominent production members, who personally came to find me in the workshop to tell me I was doing a good job and should keep doing what I was doing.

After the publication of the initial still, I assumed that I would be able to show low res images of things that had already been established, based on what had been said to me. I never intended to publicize anything that hadn't been already seen.

What annoyed the investing side of things was Lena Headey's name coming out. While I never actually mentioned her name, I hinted.. Which was apparently enough. Her name got out and that's what caused my time to end on the project. The producers got heat from above, and as I was the obvious choice, a cut had to be made to show something had been done. Technically speaking I wasn't actually fired in the traditional sense, but rather ushered out the back door, as production might've had an earful too for being at fault too.

Ironically a few days after, on my way to the studio (I was working on a separate project by then), I see the Lawmaster parked large as life next to one of the busiest intersections in Cape Town, completely uncovered. A few hours later not only do pictures of the bike appear on the web, but also images of the VT area.. Spy photographers posted far more actual information than I did, but I was a traceable source.

The whole incident was unfortunate, but I have no issues with it. Production didn't really have a choice, no matter how disappointed they were in the action they were having to take. There were quite a few supporters in the senior crew who were upset about it. Thankfully the guys here on the forum were very supportive, which was incredibly heartwarming.

As for what I precisely did, I mainly designed some weapons, including the Lawgiver prop (based on Jock's concept). Almost all the manufacture was done by the guys in the workshop. I only helped out on one of the guns (which I'm incredibly proud of), one version of the Lawgiver and dressing the Lawmasters.. I'll elaborate more when the movie is released..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

DKCX

The pictures in the vt area and the lawmaster were bigger leaks in my opinion,the lawmaster was very damaging in terms of negative feedback.
The producers surely copped who was responsible for the vt area pictures?
I think people won't be pushing as much for info now mike with the empire article last month.
I'm even capable of waiting for the trailer now.
When the movie is finally out,please let us know more of the behind. the scenes action.

Michaelvk

No worries.. THough I'd need to see it myself to get a reminder of it all..

Misanthrope

The only info that I would truly love to know.

Did the Judges and the perps sit at different tables at lunch time?
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Michaelvk

Quote from: SneakeeX on 23 August, 2011, 11:56:33 PM
The pictures in the vt area and the lawmaster were bigger leaks in my opinion,the lawmaster was very damaging in terms of negative feedback.
The producers surely copped who was responsible for the vt area pictures?

Nuh-uh.. Set security in SA is a joke..

I dunno about the Judges and perps sitting separately, but us feeelthy fabrication crew were kept well away from all the important people...