Main Menu

Just so Floyd doesn't cry

Started by Will I. Cooling, 03 June, 2005, 12:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will I. Cooling

Here's Floyd's new column, its very good even if he's a no good, limp wristed, pinko, commie bastard.

Will

Link: http://comicsnexus.insidepulse.com/articles/38151" target="_blank">PILGER!?! WFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Floyd-the-k

Why thank you Will. Much appreciated.
     Shouldn't that be WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? If not, what does WFT stand for?
 I don't know for sure that John Pilger is one of Pat Mills' heroes. That's a good guess based on a fictional Pilger book turning up in Marshall Law.

yours bolshily,

Art

Interesting you mention Cap. America and Iron Man - You read The Ultimates at all?

GordonR

Now *that's* how you write a column.

Funt Solo

I was looking forward to reading that but the site is down.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Oh - it's back now - and now I know where the Tories have been hiding in Oz:  behind a liberal facade.  How cunning.

A good rambling article:  not sure what the point was but it was an interesting read.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Will I. Cooling

"Now *that's* how you write a column."

Yeah...shame its came too late for you to learn from his example.

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Floyd-the-k

I abandoned Marvel comics reading before the Ultimates came along. What are they all about?
  I was thinking about getting back into Marvel when I bought my first 2000 AD. I also bought a Capt America, but it was a woeful story in which he had a flying exo-skeleton and a female sidekick who had a 'high up the side' swimsuit sort of costume and weak dialogue. Oh, and some of the crappest villains you've seen ever. So, I went for 2000 AD.

yours waiting to be filled in on the Ultimates and chuffed by Gordon's kind words,

Floyd

Will I. Cooling

Can I just apologise for my last post? In a bad, bad mood last night due to various reasons so in full on nasty mode.

Sorry again

Will

Conexus

I'm suprised Will, I, and everyone else I guess,  assumed you were Joking as most are of the opinion that Gordon's coloumns were the best in the meg

Will I. Cooling

Hmm, I was in a bad mood, really bad mood and I took it as an insult in light of something Gordon had said about a column I had done last week.

Now it may have been, but I was wrong to attack columns I liked anyway.

Sorry again

Will

LARF

Superb Column there Floyd, very well done! (cheers, applause)

Shame about that bloody frog!!!! (boos, hiss)

Will I. Cooling

Steamboy

Hey Floyd good column(I understood that one).
Ultimates is a complete reboot that Marvel did about 4 years ago, they've scrapped all continuity with the standard Marvel U and started telling the Ultimate comics from scratch. ie Peter Parker is a teenager at school today, Xmen have only just been founded and my personal fav The Ultimates which is an updated version of The Avengers where the Ultimates have been created by SHEILD to meet the growing threat of Super people and Mutants. The Ultimates has the most messed with characters, Captain America is a downright nasty patriot, Stark(Ironman) made his millions selling weapons for desertstorm, The HUlk was a Sexually confused intovert(except ofcouse when he was the HUlk), Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver have a strange incestuose relationship happening and as we have just discovered Thor(my favorite amongst this lot) seems to be an escaped mental patient thats stolen Norways Super soldier suit(although he claims his brother Loki is messing with reallity).  The best thing about the Ultimate titles so far is that they've been written by a couple of writters(Bendis and Millar) so the universe hangs together really coherantly and so far the cross overs have worked.
Grab yourself the first Ultimates trade to see weather you like if you enjoy you will like the lot.

CU Krestel

Steamboy

I'm sure someone can explain that better than me Floyd trying to do this at work(dont want to get caught)

CU Krestel