Main Menu

Block War for Judge Dredd Miniatures Game Kickstarter

Started by Ancient Otter, 08 September, 2012, 07:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mongoose_Matt

We are so tantalisingly close to seeing the ultimate Lawbreakers stretch goal added to Mega-City One!

Just a quick update today.

The Block War supplement itself has been updated, with new rules and scenarios covering what the supplement is really all about - Block Wars!

Actually, the rules for Mobs we have added can be used in a whole range of games, from your normal campaign battles (if you have enough Minions), to last stands in the Cursed Earth, brave defences against hordes of zombies and, well, block wars! In fact, if you really want to go mad, we have made provision for two blocks to go at one another, with another force (we suggest judges!) caught in the middle.

Good luck with that one!

You can download the latest version of Block War from;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/miniatures/judge-dredd/rulebook.html

TordelBack

Some pics of the finished Walter and Death and Mortis WiPs from the Kickstarter, and some other forthcoming stuff that isn't it it:

Death looks a bit too healthy for my tastes, but the Warlock and Grobbendonk are tasty indeed.  Velly nosh!

Mongoose_Matt

TordelBack

judge devs

Nemesis looks awesome, but I have to say that Death's legs could do with being a bit skinnier if you ask me, Mortis's look more like the job.

Mongoose_Matt

Just a mini-update at the moment, as we may well have another a little later today...

First up, the Block War supplement has had an update, and is ready for you to download from;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/jdblockwar.pdf

This time around, we have cleaned up a few of the questions some of you had about the new rules, and added two complete new forces. First up is the Apocalypse War Resistance Unit (thanks to Da Boss on our forums for the idea), a mixture of judges, Citi-Def and punks with very little ammunition, determined to hold out against the East Meggers!

Then there is the Demonic Cabal, one I have been looking forard to messing around with! Now, this force list is very new and should be considered 'provisional' only, as it needs a great deal of playtesting to lock the summoning rules down (and maybe add a few more 'entities!'). But, have a go, as it should be a fun force to play - you will never quite know exactly how a game is going to go with these guys!

Finally, another preview - from the talented hands of Stephen May, a Zombie Judge, which will allow you to take advantage of the heavy armour option in the Zombie Horde force list!

James Stacey

is he modelling the whole thing in greenstuff ?  :o
Fantastic looking stuff and the Nemesis looks all kinds of arsom. As judge devs says though, Judge Death is way to chunky for a virtual skeleton.

judge devs

Love the Zombie Judge.

Glad it's not just me that thought that, but only said purely as a constructive criticisim.

Mongoose_Matt

Just a quick update before the end of the day (we should have an update for you tomorrow on the main rulebook)...

If, in the last hours of this Kickstarter project, we can count on your support to $70,000, we will add three Heroes of Mega-City One; Judge Giant, Fergee and a Judge from the Space Corps. The first two have been instrumental in literally saving the city, while the unknown judge from the Space Corps keeps a constant, vigilant eye out for threats beyond the Earth.

Rookie and Street Judge level pledges will each receive a choice of one of these fine Heroes. Wally Squad, Council of Judges, Sector Chief and Chief Judge levels will automatically receive all three!

TordelBack

Well, they finally broke me, and I in turn broke the wife (cruelly, I made my case while were watching her being interviewed on Sky News with a bottle of homebrew. I have no shame). It was the combo of Kenny Who? and a Space Corps judge that did it. You other bastards better get that total up to $70K now, I've done my bit.

Donations of paint gratefully received.  It's 15 years since I took brush to miniature, I reckon my pots could be somewhat dessicated by now. 

judge devs

There are gaming clubs all over the country that offer painting services.

TordelBack

Quote from: judge devs on 10 October, 2012, 10:25:14 PM
There are gaming clubs all over the country that offer painting services.

Ah, but where's the fun in that!  It's all very well if you're planning to entomb your hauls behind glass in some cobwebby cellar of obsession, but minis are for stickin' and filin' and sprayin' and brushin' and flockin' and all that good stuff.  I'm sure my rusty skills soon will return to their sub-mediocre level.  Might even encourage me to finish that Tuatha de Danann army that's been lurking half-painted in a shoebox for almost 20 years. 

judge devs

Well there is that, but I thought I picked up a hint of 'this is gonna be ballache' in your previous comment  ;)

I haven't painted for close to twenty years and like you still have all my old citadel paint in a box with what must now be some pretty shocking brushes.

TordelBack

Last night I dreamed they added Slaine, Slough Feg, Ukko and Medb to the range.  I woke up in a terrified sweat.

(I already have a Warped One in my box of shame, but out of sight is etc...).

Noisybast

Quote from: judge devs on 11 October, 2012, 08:13:28 AM
Well there is that, but I thought I picked up a hint of 'this is gonna be ballache' in your previous comment  ;)

I haven't painted for close to twenty years and like you still have all my old citadel paint in a box with what must now be some pretty shocking brushes.

I hope you've been adding the occasional drop of water. I opened mine about a year ago to find half of them had solidified!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!