Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 27 May, 2018, 12:41:09 PM
. There's no quick and easy way on any path but I'm willing to concede that improving the state is probably a valid way of encouraging statists to improve along with it.

Well good lord, if it isn't that special time of year again - the Shark and I have agreed on a political issue! 🎆🥂🎆😉
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

We should throw a party! :D

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

The Legendary Shark

Wash your mouth out...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

That blithering, pig-ignorant, racist buffoon of yours has a sister to match.  https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/boriss-sister-criticised-for-clear-english-remarks-36952105.html

Edit: I know she has apologised, but she can try not saying stupid things in the first place, and also sticking her apology up her arse.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IndigoPrime

You bloody Irish and your difficult accents. Can't you just bloody well speak the Queen's English, like everyone else in England? Etc!

^ (I actually do still wonder how many of the Brexit mob still think Ireland is part of the UK – or should be. Personally, I'm hoping for a reverse takeover, or at least a coup by the SNP.)

Professor Bear

How about we meet you halfway and resume bombing the mainland?  Let's face it, this is the best solution to the border issue you're going to get.

JayzusB.Christ

Maybe we'll just go the whole hog: wait for the UK to break up and stage a full-scale takeover.  After all, we've got the rest of the continent on our side.  That said, I'm half English by blood, so I'll be first against the wall.

On a slightly more serious note, I see Ms Johnson has used the word 'feck' in her apology. Well that's our quaint little Gaelic word, Rachel, and you can jolly well fUck off with yourself and never use it again.

TordelBack

SWITZERLAND IS IN SCHENGEN. And it has full regulatory alignment with the EU for almost all goods. And it STILL has a hard border at major crossings.

STOP. SAYING. SWITZERLAND. There is no comparison. Unless of course Brexiteers want free movement, no control over regulations, etc. In which case, carry on.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 29 May, 2018, 08:37:06 PM
Maybe we'll just go the whole hog: wait for the UK to break up and stage a full-scale takeover.  After all, we've got the rest of the continent on our side.  That said, I'm half English by blood, so I'll be first against the wall.

On a slightly more serious note, I see Ms Johnson has used the word 'feck' in her apology. Well that's our quaint little Gaelic word, Rachel, and you can jolly well fUck off with yourself and never use it again.

I feel that the UK as a Country has little time left. The Historical and cultural reasons for its ascent have passed into history, and there is little to keep it together beyond notions of a shared identity which is fraying fast. Nationalism, mainly rising English Nationalism will ensure the end of perfidious Albion and the 4 Nations will go their separate ways. The future is smaller, meaner, poorer and I'll have to learn to be an Englishman since Britain, the identity I grew up with will be a memory. Ah, how to rethink yourself eh? A bit of a troubling question and just not for me.  :think:
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JOE SOAP

Considering David Davis's brilliant suggestion for the Nrn Irn border (an even bigger one or 2 borders 10 miles apart) it'll interesting to see how the former UK handles internal borders once it's been Balkanized.

TordelBack

Davis is borderline (geddit) insane.  This shit needs to stop right now, and the 52% desperately need to accept that they were gulled by conmen and pull the plug toot-sweet. They've had their dreams-of-empire good-old-days fantasy for a couple of years, time to wake up. Otherwise... jesus.

IndigoPrime

The Swiss border thing is intentionally trying to muddy the waters. "Look," peeps Hannan, "they can do it, so why can't we?" He does this while standing at an unmanned border post that's nonetheless a border, and as a tourist, rather than someone ferrying goods about. When couriers and the like tell these idiots what's really involved in getting something to Norway or Switzerland, it's waved away with "well, we'll obviously come up with something better". Rees-Mogg was on the radio the other day arguing that Dover will just have to buck its ideas up or it will "lose business" to Southampton and other more Internationally oriented ports. The fact the entire system is going to be shot is what they're trying to hide.

The whole thing is insane. We have the Tories and Labour front-bench alike barrelling towards hard Brexit, to usher in their ideology that will screw everyone but the rich. The Tories want disaster capitalism and a captive, compliant, locked workforce; Corbyn wants a siege economy, which amounts to much the same. Moderates everywhere look on in horror while this plays out, and the Commons refuses to act, because MPs are shit-scared about being deselected by zealots and losing their jobs.

Everyone needs to wake the fuck up.

JayzusB.Christ

Ireland got a second Nice Treaty referendum, after a No vote was decided first time round.  The government quickly realised that the population needed to know why a Yes was better for the country, informed us properly, and held another referendum.  Can't see anything like that happening with the Brexit clusterfuck, though.

TordelBack

The amazing thing to me is still the failure of the (any) opposition to actively court the 48%.  I mean, 48% of the voting population, disillusioned, scared and up for grabs!

It seems to me that saying "if elected, we will remain with the Single Market", or "if elected, we will protect the rights of all current EU residents of the UK, and all UK residents of other EU countries", never mind "we will have a second referendum on the final deal" [the obvious choice], should have been enough to ensure a massive swing.  That the endless self-destructive in-fighting and peculiar historical contingencies within HM Opposition almost mirror the same fuck-up in the Tory party that got us all (I use the term deliberately) into this mess in the first place is almost too ironic to bear.   

But I still can't understand why those voters aren't being courted in the same way the Tories courted the Kippers, racists, xenophobes, fogies and Little Englanders.