Main Menu

Can't post in Prog or Meg threads...

Started by Chris Tresson, 19 December, 2013, 09:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Tresson

Hi guys, just wondering why I can't reply to some of the threads on the board? Is it because I'm a newbie and have to wait to given full membership to the board? If so, how long does it usually take to become a fully fledged member.

I just wanted to post and say how much I enjoyed Prog 2014!

TordelBack

It's because you're clearly underage.

Nah, it's just an anti-spambot-slash-repeat-offender precaution. Kindly mod Richmond Clements will no-doubt notice your plight and elevate you to the Shining City soon.  Drop him a PM to get his attention, or just make a sexist remark.  Err, maybe just the former.

Chris Tresson

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 December, 2013, 11:21:46 AM
or just make a sexist remark.

That's how I've ended up here, saw the sexism being talked about on FB.  I figured I needed a piece of that action...  :lol: (not really. Don't boot me!)

Cheers for the heads up anyway, I reckon Richmond will see me sooner or later, so I'll just politely wait here. It'll give me more time to decide which page 3 girl I want as an avatar...

Tresson.

Richmond Clements

Chris Tresson

Mabs

I think that's a really good pre-cautionary measure by the 2000ad board. You should see the amount of spam on other forums *cough* Empire Online *cough*!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

I, Cosh

Nah, it's just an anti-spambot-slash-repeat-offender precaution. Kindly mod Richmond Clements will no-doubt notice your plight and elevate you to the Shining City soon.
I'm always disappointed that he doesn't try to weed out the spambots by asking them a series of questions designed to provoke an emotional response.
We never really die.

Frank

Quote from: The Cosh on 21 December, 2013, 03:34:36 PM
Nah, it's just an anti-spambot-slash-repeat-offender precaution. Kindly mod Richmond Clements will no-doubt notice your plight and elevate you to the Shining City soon.

I'm always disappointed that he doesn't try to weed out the spambots by asking them a series of questions designed to provoke an emotional response.

Tell me only the good things that come into your mind about Mark Millar.

Jim_Campbell

Mark Millar? Let me tell you about Mark Millar...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Enigmatic Dr X

"You see Mark Millar on his back in a desert and you don't turn him over. Why?"
Lock up your spoons!

Chris Tresson

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 21 December, 2013, 04:39:34 PM
"You see Mark Millar on his back in a desert and you don't turn him over. Why?"

Go on...

Mabs

"Mark Millar? What's that?"

"You know what an arse is?"

"Of course"

"Same thing"
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

TordelBack

Next thing you know Commander Adama will be leaving little tinfoil knobs all over the place.

Chris Tresson

I'm a big fan of Grant Morrison, but Mark Millar is most definitely his worst creation.

The Cheat

Looks like I can't reply to prog threads either. Does everyone have to be individually vetted by admin?
Meh!