Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: Criminal organizations in MC-1
« Last post by Timothy on Today at 07:37:05 pm »
You are getting the name wrong; there is no apostrophe - much to the chagrin of everyone's favourite bitey man-crocodile.
General / Re: JULY ART COMP - THE WORLDS OF PAT MILLS
« Last post by Woolly on Today at 07:29:12 pm »
I know DC Comics owns the rights currently. Anyway, I submiting two versions (newspaper ad and colorful movie poster) to share in the forum.

Tulio are these both entries or not?

Stick 'em both in, but make it one choice... sounds a bit dirty now i've typed it out  :-\
General / Re: JULY ART COMP - THE WORLDS OF PAT MILLS
« Last post by CrazyFoxMachine on Today at 07:18:44 pm »
I know DC Comics owns the rights currently. Anyway, I submiting two versions (newspaper ad and colorful movie poster) to share in the forum.

Tulio are these both entries or not?
Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
« Last post by Greg M. on Today at 07:18:31 pm »
Herzog is a director i've little exposure to, his Nosferatu remake is about it. I'll have to add more of his works to my to watch pile me thinks...

I started with Aguirre, but I think Fitzcarraldo's probably the better starting point.
« Last post by Hawkmumbler on Today at 06:52:23 pm »
Herzog is a director i've little exposure to, his Nosferatu remake is about it. I'll have to add more of his works to my to watch pile me thinks...
« Last post by CrazyFoxMachine on Today at 06:46:39 pm »
Fitzcarraldo

Herzog's rambling mesmerizing tale of one man's dream to bring an opera house to early 1900s rural Peru. Despite some dodgy dubbing it feels deeply real - especially the grueling boat-lifting sequence to which the only plausible response is "which mad German are these tribes people really working for - Kinski or Herzog?!" It's a nicely focused delve into idiosyncratic ambition through mad exploitation with some strong secondary characters and anchored by the hypnotically unstable Kinski.
General / Re: Donating old progs
« Last post by M.I.K. on Today at 06:19:21 pm »
Barnardos bookshop on Clerk Street also often sells old 2000ads.
Prog / Re: Prog 2041 - Rumble in the Jungle
« Last post by Woolly on Today at 06:15:45 pm »
Always a fan, but replacing the airbrushed geometry of recent years with painterly abstraction is paying off beautifully. Ronald's working his way back to the days when his color work looked like he'd spent a week flicking a toothbrush at each page.

Look at the depth and variety of shapes and textures in the jungle*, and the composition's so much more sophisticated and dynamic too. Ronald's expressed a desire to get back into strip work - he better mean black line, because nine panels like this per page would leave his finances and emotions in the same state as Greg Staples' following Dark Justice.

* inna jungle, inna jungle, inna jungle, inna-inna jungle.

Not entirely sure what you're getting at here..
The Ronald droid's recent work is 3D modelling used as a basis for a digital painting (at least, thats what I've taken from the covers featured on Pete Wells's marvelous blog).
Brilliant as this cover is, I don't think it represents a departure from Alex Ronald's current methods.* It's just a really fucking good image!

I've also never heard/read that the Staples droid was financially or emotionally drained after Dark Justice (in fact, I heard his payment was a massive car - anyone know if this is true?).

Still, a brilliant cover.
Good Dredd.
An OK Future Shock.
Nothing else gripping me at the minute.

*I may have completely misread your post, so apologies if thats the case.
Books & Comics / Re: Whats everyone reading?
« Last post by Mute77 on Today at 06:14:01 pm »
Id love a collected edition of the early transformers stuff but the massive white borders put me off. A shame. Great memories.
General / Re: Criminal organizations in MC-1
« Last post by Woolly on Today at 05:57:42 pm »
Might be getting the name wrong, but there was the 'Hunter's Club'.
An organisation that ran a murder competition, beautifully rendered by the Mighty Carlos.

Death Aid: Progs 711 to 720 (but not in progs 716, 717, 718, according to Barney)

Not really what you asked for, but one of the better Garth Ennis Dredds.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10