Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Just saw the lase episode of Breaking Bad: Season 4.

Great stuff!

AWOOGA AWOOGA! ETC! DO NOT LOOK A SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEE UP TO END OF SEASON 4.
[spoiler]But did Walt really do that to the little boy? Okay it's not as bad as ricin, but...Interesting, if dark twist though, but I can't help thinking that's a level of evil beyond him. Okay, he probably knew that the Lilly of the Valley berry poisoning could be counteracted, but that's a major chance he took, and an awful thing to do, if awfully clever too from a manipulation standpoint. ( I'm kind of ashamed to think that.) Sure, he has killed by this stage, but usually in self defence, not that I'm advocating murder.

That bit last season where he stood by while Jesse's girlfriend choked to death was too far, even if she had threatened to expose him earlier.

She did go on to develop superpowers in another life, so I guess it wasn't all bad for her. Still carried over her addictive tendencies mind, but I guess scotch might be a step up from heroin-meth cocktail injections. :lol:

I know he will do anything for his family, but even so...[/spoiler]

The way that ended, I thought it might be the last, (and that might not be a bad place to end it) but then Netflix put me on episode one of Season 5.

Enjoying this a lot, and I look forward to Better Call Saul later...

Smith

Thanks to this thread;I started watching Kamen Rider Agito.I should have started with Kuuga,but I couldnt find it.
Unrelated,if I find the time,I would really like to rewatch Justified soon.

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

Quote from: Mardroid on 23 May, 2017, 01:51:56 AM
The way that ended, I thought it might be the last, (and that might not be a bad place to end it)

But then you wouldn't get the best episode of the show :D

Mardroid

Quote from: Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK on 24 May, 2017, 07:01:02 AM
Quote from: Mardroid on 23 May, 2017, 01:51:56 AM
The way that ended, I thought it might be the last, (and that might not be a bad place to end it)

But then you wouldn't get the best episode of the show :D

Would that be the last episode of series 5? Saw it last night and yes, that's how to end the series! I actually looked online to see if there was a series 6, (hoping there wasn't as I think that ending hits the mark) and came across several articles about... fake announcements of series 6.  :lol:

Watching Better Call Saul now. Pretty good so far, and amusing to see some familiar faces crop up. [spoiler]The black and white bit at the start puzzled me a bit as I thought (due to the lack of colour) it was a past sequence. Then the penny dropped.... Saul, at the end of Breaking Bad in his new life. Or lack of it. (Oh right, so that's the reason for the lack of colour I guess?) The one bit that's not a prequel - nice. Interesting to see how different and similar Saul is. Even Tucco seems to be a bit less psycho. Marginally.[/spoiler]

Also just noticed that there's a third season of Teen Wolf on Netflix. This doesn't really qualify as an addiction as... well, I'm not all that taken. It's not BAD bad, and I quite enjoyed the last two series. The tired tropes are getting on my nerves a bit. I'll see where it goes, but I've been spoilt by some quality telly, recently.

Mattofthespurs

Just finishing off The Thick of It.
Had heard of it but never got around to watching it but noticed it was on Netflix so I gave it a go.
Loved it. So funny and the best use of swearing ever.
I would have loved it if Capaldi had played Doctor Who as Malcolm Tucker.

Dandontdare

indeed - I have been known to use "come the fuck in, or fuck the fuck off" once or twice

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

Just watched Luther for the first time ever. Up to S1.3 now. Liking it so far. Massive Attack for the opening music put me in a good frame of mind straight away. Looking forward to catching up with all the seasons.

Theblazeuk

The law of diminishing returns applies, but it's always watchable.

Mattofthespurs

American Gods

This is fantastic and certainly breeches so many TV boundaries with lots of nudity including erect penises. Swear words aplenty too but more than that it's a brilliant realisation of a very good book.
Only 2 episodes in but I am loving this.
Like Twin Peaks but with cock and fanny.

TordelBack

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 05 June, 2017, 03:25:41 PM
American Gods...lots of nudity including erect penises...

When I think of a TV adaptation of a Neil Gaiman novel these are the first things that pop into my mind. 

Professor Bear

I'm also reasonably certainly that Cock and Fanny were the two detective characters he created for Spawn.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Professor Bear on 05 June, 2017, 10:38:58 PM
I'm also reasonably certainly that Cock and Fanny were the two detective characters he created for Spawn.

Are you sure that wasn't Garth Ennis?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

No, you're thinking of Cockshaft and Ballbag from the Punisher.