Main Menu

RYM

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 23 April, 2014, 02:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

I've been an avid user of RateYourMusic for years and years and it's proved the most useful and comprehensive user-generated database for music that I'm aware of.

It's basically full of passionate nerds - which as you'll all know means it's:

a) an invaluable source of information
b) a treasure trove of recommendations and interesting characters
c) moderately argumentative* and full of the slightly over-opinionated

:D Home basically - I can't RATE it higher really.

Here's me on it -- > https://rateyourmusic.com/~CrazyFoxMachine

Here's an in-progress list of my current 100 favourite albums of all time which is as comprehensive as it is personal - EXPECT A SLIGHT OVER-ABUNDANCE OF 70S ROCK -- > https://rateyourmusic.com/list/CrazyFoxMachine/the_100_albums_that_enliven_my_brain_at_26/

*I once had a guy write on my wall 'do you only like dadrock, neck-beard and nerdcore' or something along those lines :lol:

Anyway - the intent of this thread is to recommend RYM to everyone basically - and to point out things that are interesting therein. I never thought these two worlds could meet - but then this IS the music section!

Dark Jimbo

I only wish I cared particularly about music these days - books and comics just have too great a hold!
@jamesfeistdraws

8-Ball

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 23 April, 2014, 03:10:51 PM
I only wish I cared particularly about music these days - books and comics just have too great a hold!

Alas, 'twas music that lured me away from the tooth back in the nineties. My pop culture interests are probably 65% Music, 15% TV shows, 10% Movies, 5% books (fiction and non-fiction) and 5% comics. And even that 5% is more weighted towards trade collections than actual comic books.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

I, Cosh

It's not a site I go on regularly but I stumbled across this list on it a few years ago and have been coming back to it ever since: Music that can swallow all misery whole.
We never really die.