Main Menu

2000AD REGENED (preview)

Started by JOE SOAP, 23 January, 2018, 01:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

2000AD REGENED
REBELLION DEVELOPMENTS LTD

(W) Matthew J. Smith, Alec Worley, Owen Michael Johnson, Colin Bell, Ned Hartley, Henry Flint (A) Neil Googe, Ben Wilsher, Tanya Roberts, INDIO, Henry Flint, Pye Parr
2000 AD Regened proudly presents a riotous all-ages comic featuring original, full-colour strips packed with thrill-power for Earthlets of all inception dates!

Cadet Judge Dredd upholds the law in a blistering crime caper at an Aeroball game by Matt Smith and Neil Googe! Mutant bounty hunter Johnny Alpha earns his Strontium Dog badge from Alec Worley and Ben Willsher! Tharg's Futureshocks present the wonderful world of HumanCraft by Ned Hartley and Tanya Roberts! Help Chet Jetstream escape Hell Island by Henry Flint! The teenage alien delinquents return with an eye on causing chaos in 'D.R. & Quinch Hijack Free Comic Book Day' from Owen Michael Johnson, Colin Bell and INDIO!

All-Ages.

https://issuu.com/richjohnston/docs/stl076130/2

TordelBack

Whuuuuh?!? Always nice to be surprised!

This looks really great, although I'm not sold on the need to exhume D. R.  & Quinch. Let the FCBD Prog hunt begin!

Colin YNWA

Saw the cover preview of this and have been excited ever since. This only adds to that. In my fevered dreams this is being used as a prototype for a new ongoing release.

matty_ae

I was predictably aghast at the whole 'young' feeling of it.
And then I remembered the purpose of the exercise.

If an American kid picked this up and then felt encouraged to pick up a re-coloured Halo Jones for the same price of an Image tab, that's pretty cool outcome.

So well done for trying to reach out.
Old man out.

JamesC

Looks great - I'd love to see this idea take off. Let's hope it doesn't end with FCBD.

I can't resist the urge to point out that Dredd's eagle is on the wrong shoulder in that penultimate panel though.

James Stacey

Quote from: JamesC on 23 January, 2018, 12:16:22 PM
I can't resist the urge to point out that Dredd's eagle is on the wrong shoulder in that penultimate panel though.
Bah I was onboard till you pointed this out now the whole thing is ruined !

Bolt-01

oof- wonder if there is still time for it to be fixed before print?

JOE SOAP

It's part of the competition to spot the 'intentional' mistakes in each strip – don't ruin it for the kids.

PlanetReplicas

www.planetreplicas.com

info@planetreplicas.com
www.facebook.com/PlanetReplicas

Proudhuff

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 January, 2018, 06:36:13 AM
Whuuuuh?!? Always nice to be surprised!

This looks really great, although I'm not sold on the need to exhume D. R.  & Quinch.

This ^^^

The serpent god will not be happy....
DDT did a job on me

Tomwe

Article on Bleeding Cool regarding the signing makes out Regened will be ongoing. This is wrong, yes?

New 2000AD Title to Launch on Free Comic Book Day at Orbital Comics

Tomwe

* it isn't ongoing, not it isn't wrong.

Jim_Campbell

Rich Johnston gets a simple story hopelessly wrong due to inability to read a basic press release... I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.