Main Menu

Oldie but a Newbie

Started by broodblik, 19 February, 2018, 01:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Hi, I am also one of those guys that was lurking from the shadows waiting or rather procrastinating about whether to post or not.

My knowledge was limited to the American Comics and stuff like Tintin and Asterix. My first introduction to the Prog was way back in Prog 374.  I can still remember my first Dredd "The Wreckers" with great fondness. Rogue quickly became my favorite. From that day I was hooked on British Comics (reading Eagle and Battle)

But then came the 90s and the combination of the summer assault let by Millar/Morrison/Ennis quickly killed my love for the Prog and I stopped my subscription.

I re-started my subscription again almost a third into the Day of Chaos epic. Getting the Prog locally in the News Agents became virtually impossible and the Postal Services here is as trustworthy as Blackblood. The digital route became a blessing (the getting use to not holding the Prog is the most mind-boggling thing).

:D
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: broodblik on 19 February, 2018, 01:34:21 PMBut then came the 90s and the combination of the summer assault let by Millar/Morrison/Ennis quickly killed my love for the Prog and I stopped my subscription. [...] I re-started my subscription again almost a third into the Day of Chaos epic.
It strikes me that you're almost the ideal target for the Ultimate Collection. Regardless, welcome to the forum!

broodblik

Well the problem with the Ultimate Collection is that I need to rely on the local postal services here in South Africa which is unreliable.

I did actually bought all the Digital Progs that are currently available. I also bought a few of the collections.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Blue Cactus

Hello Broodblik! I just joined the forum too, seems only right I say hello. Hello!

Colin YNWA

Welcome aboard good to see folks delurking and joining the fun... which when we're not scrapping like the villagers in Asterix we certainly do.

broodblik

How do you create your own avatar or must you have at least a certain number of posts ?

CalHab

It should be on "Forum Profile" under the Profile tab at the top.

broodblik

Thank You but I get "You are not allowed to access this section" when I try to access my profile

IndigoPrime

broodblik